Château Zs May/June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
https://www.facebook.com/groups/377...88736424&notif_t=group_post_mention&ref=notif

Basically a touristique and social gathering beginning on the coast and then winding through some lovely countryside on some great driving roads until the 'château' (read BIG effin country house) and a buffet meal with car prizes.

Friends can stay with us and/or at our holiday home just 350m walk away so as to enjoy a BBQ at our house the Saturday night with wine etc, etc and another etc for the road !

This will be the inaugural event of the Atlantique regional group of Club Datsun-France.

ps there is a poll for dates up on FB, if seriously interested, please multi-vote.

Attachments

• 170366375_171432938162595_4225617828100856368_n.jpg
    170366375_171432938162595_4225617828100856368_n.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 23

status

Well-Known Forum User
Take it that it’s next year Sean as things are still stuffed over here but getting better,

status

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah make you right mate,I can come and give you a cuddle if that’s any good,few of us with Zeds are sorting a meet up soon,should be about eight of us ,all local,mainly 240 s and a couple 260s I’ll keep an eye out on the date and see how it pans out

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Unless there's a titanic shift in policy I think this date for the UK will be unachievable. For one France would need to move to the Green travel list which I think is the biggest hurdle.

I was supposed to be going to visit a friend near Toulouse at the beginning of June. Was going to drive down even have the Tunnel booked but have all but given up on those plans. Still hoping to make it at a later date mind.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Point taken Maxim and if one doesn't plan anything- nothing will happen !

Status, I believe that under the current and long-term sanitary conditions, local/regional group meets are the way forward.
Back to basics !

status

Well-Known Forum User
Hope your right but is that here or in froggy land as I thought you lot were still on a bit of a lockdown and your gov and rest of Europe can’t decide on vaccinating people properly,good job we came out of europe

240L31

Club Member
Hope your right but is that here or in froggy land as I thought you lot were still on a bit of a lockdown and your gov and rest of Europe can’t decide on vaccinating people properly,good job we came out of europe
EU delivered 9 million vaccination doses to GB, you're welcome.

Sorry for the OT

status

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah that’s correct because we were allowed to get on with it so hopefully if they get their bums into gear a French trip might be on the cards if not there are plenty of great places to see and visit in this great country other option is Le Mans classic next year

status

Well-Known Forum User
Hopefully if the other lot get their arses into gear,like you a few of us were booked last year and this year,not sure if silverstone is on this year not bin paying much attention

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
isn't France undergoing a titanic surge in covid cases with total national lockdowns on the horizon?
I think it’s more North France but all for one, and all that. I’m slight surprised considering what Sean has been through he would even consider promoting such a venture at this point :conf2:

status

Well-Known Forum User
Most of us have been jabbed but there will probably be restrictions and being out in the open it’ll probably be ok anyway

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Most of us have been jabbed but there will probably be restrictions and being out in the open it’ll probably be ok anyway

Unfortunately a very U.K. centric view re vaccinations, I’m not so sure that’s the situation in France. Sean was probably being as careful as anyone and he still managed to get it from someone.

Also something that surprised me is that the vaccine just dampens the effects, you can still get Covid and transmit it you’r just unlikely to know.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah your right there but we would probably be travelling at speeds in excess of 69 mph on the way down there with the possibility of a bad road accident or even death,where do we draw the line ? I’m with Sean on this one when he said we have to get on with life and I think we know the situation in most of Europe dont we,if it was in late august there might be interest but we shall see

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
If the Park Puy du Fou is permitted to open, then the govt will have considered it a minimum-risk zone and it's just 20 minutes north from me !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puy_du_Fou : Voted the world's best park, Puy du Fou offers a multitude of great shows and adventures for the whole family.

https://www.puydufou.com/france/en/grand-parc-and-shows : The park brings more than 2 million visitors every year, making it the second most popular theme park in France after Disneyland, Paris.

That which I propose to view the Friday night and for which I will organise the tickets :

The Cinéscénie

The main show takes place in the evening on a huge outdoor stage in front of the ruined castle. The Cinéscénie boasts the largest stage in the world, 1 200 actors, hundreds of horses and about 800 fireworks per performance. All of the actors and actresses (even the children) come from the local villages and are volunteers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.