Does anyone know a replacement for the Spare tire in a 240z ?

Graham Palmer

Club Member
Hi, I think my spare is the original...don't think I'd want to drive far on that !

anyone know a tire that will fit the rim and into the spare wheel hole ?

thanks Graham

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
175 80 14 is more or less the size for the standard steel wheel. Is it 4.5 or 5" .

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
You could go 195 60 14.

To be honest I wouldn't worry about it. IF you ever need to fit it just limp home.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
FWIW, I ditched my spare and replaced it with a spare coil, dizzy, spark plugs, leads, small socket / screw driver set, a wheel clamp for when I’m staying overnight at events, a can of puncture puff and an inflator! I figure if it’s good enough for Audi to not have a spare, it’s good enough for the Z!

But in all seriousness, if I was doing a long journey I probably would drop the spare back in but given I only do 1000 miles a year and total blow outs are so rare (I’ve only ever had one in 32 years of driving) I just figured I don’t need a spare as much as I need the space.

Yes I really do clamp my car! I don’t care how uncool it looks - at least it’s gonna make it harder to nick.

8003D3B2-B2E3-46CC-B9D1-63B8D15EE62F.jpeg

uk66fastback

Club Member
I did wonder. My spare is an unused Bridgestone. Wasn’t sure if they came to the UK with those.

fXkyCQ58.jpg