CANCELLED Donington Historic Festival May 1/2 2021 (Sat/Sun)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
We have had confirmation that this event is ON. I am currently trying to find out if there are any specific special instructions re Covid restrictions. What I do know is that tickets cannot be bought 'on the day' at the gate - I assume this is to limit spectator/Club member numbers.

Also bear in mind that Hotels will not be open at this time.

People with tickets from 2020 can 'roll them over' to this event. I'm trying to find out if we just present them at the gate.

This will be a good opportunity for us to meet for the first time in 2021 and being a central location we usually get a great attendance.

More information to follow when we get it. Jon Billings and I will be organising things this year and we hope to be erecting our usual Z Club 'tent' again in case of showers. However we need confirmation yet from the circuit (Covid restrictions?).

The Z Club code for booking tickets is: DHF_21_VX3W1ZW

CLUB BOOKING IF YOU ARE BRINGING A DISPLAY CAR

CLUB TICKET BOOKING DEADLINE FOR THOSE BRINGING A DISPLAY CAR: 5pm Sunday April 25th 2021

ORDER ONLINE

1) Go to: www.msv.com/DHFdisplay

2) Select our club from the list shown and click on its name. If you already have an MSV account, login. Otherwise, create an account. You’ll then be presented with a page showing the conditions for displaying a vehicle - click the box at the bottom to say that you agree, then you’ll be taken to a page that asks ‘who are you displaying with?’ Select ‘With a club’ then select our club name from the list that appears and press ‘Continue’

3) Select the day or days that you wish to attend (Saturday, Sunday or both) and press ‘Continue’

4) CAR DETAILS: Add the details of the vehicle/s you will be bringing to display on the club stand.

5) TICKET SELECTION: IMPORTANT - the online club ordering system automatically puts one combined adult driver entry ticket/display vehicle parking pass for your chosen day/days into your shopping basket before you get to the ticket selection area. This ticket gives entry to both the driver and their car. So, when you get to ticket selection, please only select any passenger entry tickets that you may need.

6) In the shopping basket you will see any additional tickets you have chosen showing as entry tickets and your combined driver entry ticket/parking pass will show as a vehicle display pass (shown at the price for an entry ticket). The tickets will automatically be discounted by 50% so you don’t need to enter a club code.

ORDER BY PHONE

Call the MSV ticket hotline 0843 453 9000* and give our club name and discount code to receive the 50% club discount. As you are planning on bringing a display car, please make sure you request a combined driver entry ticket/display parking pass as one of your tickets and give details of your car. *Calls cost 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.

Need to amend the details of your registered display car once you have bought your driver entry ticket? Email events@msv.com, and they will be able to change the vehicle details in their system and issue a replacement combined display parking pass/driver entry ticket for you.

Need additional parking only passes (not additional combined driver entry tickets/parking passes)? For example if you have bought your driver entry ticket/parking pass but plan to bring a different car on each of the two days of the event so need a pass that will allow you to part the different car to that listed on your combined driver entry ticket/parking pass on the second day. Email Karen Coe - karen@historicpromotions.com or call her on 07540 725821. Please note Karen cannot issue entry tickets to the event.

COMING TO THE EVENT BUT NOT BRINGING A DISPLAY CAR?

Or bringing a display car and want to buy extra passenger entry tickets only after you’ve already completed your original purchase? Please purchase entry tickets using the ‘normal’ booking website: https://doningtonpark.msv.com/DP-21-Historic

and enter our club discount code at checkout. Alternatively call the MSV ticket hotline on 0843 453 9000* and quote the club code.

ALREADY BOOKED AND HAVE QUERIES ABOUT YOUR BOOKING/TICKETS?

Please contact the MSV ticketing team Tel: 0343 453 9000 or click here to email them

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Update:

Hi Rob
Many thanks for your message. The event is going ahead under Government and Motorsport UK regulations including capped visitor numbers, advance ticket sales only and no access for the public to working areas such as the paddock. Donington Park’s latest COVID-19 guidelines can be viewed here: https://msvstatic.com/documents/Spectators.pdf

You will be in the infield somewhere - not sure where yet - and you'll be able to erect your usual tent. There are no camping facilities I'm afraid, other than Donington Park Farm House as usual. I believe self-catering places are allowed to operate at that time, so quite a few of the other club members are heading to Air bnb!
KC

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
For info:

Dear Car Club Organiser
There is some confusion about the booking procedure amongst some of the clubs who have registered to attend DHF 2021, so I thought it would be a good idea to contact each club individually and send again the details of how their members should book.

The attached document contains the full information to share with your members, including your club code. Please note, the club code isn’t actually needed for securing a combined driver entry ticket/display parking pass when booking online through the display parking web link shown in the document. It is only needed when booking over the phone and - in that instance, as the document makes clear, the club member must also specifically request their combined driver entry ticket/display parking pass. Otherwise they will only receive the 50% club discount on their entry tickets, but not the all-important combined driver entry ticket/display parking pass!

Some clubs have simply been sending out the discount code and the standard Donington Historic Festival or Donington Park website addresses - which has resulted in their members getting the discount but not the pass they will need to get their car into the infield…. If any of your members contact you to say that they have done exactly that (i.e. booked discounted tickets but when their tickets have arrived they have realised that they didn’t request the combined driver entry ticket/display parking pass) please ask them to email activities@msv.com, as they will be able to help them secure what they need).

I hope this clarifies things!
With best wishes
Karen

Joey Bratten

Forum User
Confirmed - where applicable we just turn up with our tickets from last year.

Pretty sure I am booked to just attend this as bought tickets for my Dad last year, will have to get on the phone and find out if this applies to general entrance too! Thanks for the heads up!

tyroguru

Club Member
I've got a regular entry ticket for the Saturday. Can't believe I might actually get to go somewhere!!

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
I've got a regular entry ticket for the Saturday. Can't believe I might actually get to go somewhere!!

If you want to be with the Z Club you need a vehicle display ticket. Otherwise your car will be stuck in the car park.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
My tickets have rolled over from last year. Not printed them off yet.

tyroguru

Club Member
If you want to be with the Z Club you need a vehicle display ticket. Otherwise your car will be stuck in the car park.

I’m not in a Z though - I assumed something German wouldn’t be a good advert would it? Can’t I just walk through to the club stand if I park outside?

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I presume as long as you have a ticket for the event you are free to walk about and enjoy the cars.

Bazzateer

Club Member
Do we get a map or similar, or will it be a case of turn up with your display pass and they'll tell you where the Z Club parking is, or do we drive around until we find it?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Do we get a map or similar, or will it be a case of turn up with your display pass and they'll tell you where the Z Club parking is, or do we drive around until we find it?
I think you display your pass and they'll direct you to the right place.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I think you display your pass and they'll direct you to the right place.

Mmmm I can't remember it being so organised.

We will be told our location and I will publish it.

It's not usually so busy that you can't find the 'Z Club' tent.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Sorry guys but this event has been cancelled again!

Dear Car Club Organisers

I am immensely disappointed and very sorry to have to let you know that new guidance was issued by government yesterday- Tuesday 6 April - which contradicts the previous position that spectators would be permitted at non-elite sport events from Step Two of the roadmap (12 April onwards). As a result of yesterday's announcement, the 2021 Donington Historic Festival can now only be run behind closed doors, with only essential personnel attending.

Whilst outdoor attractions like zoos and theme parks can reopen, and events such as boot fairs, steam rallies and food festivals can take place with up to 4,000 visitors per day, a specific ban has now been applied to spectators at sport events until 17 May. This means that all events due to take place between 12 April and 17 May will have to be run behind closed doors.

I know exactly how hard some of you have worked to promote the event to your members, and how disappointed you will all be that DHF is not permitted to welcome spectators this year.

Those of you and your members who have already booked will, along with all other affected customers, be contacted by email by Donington Park's operators, MSV, with options on how to manage your booking - including obtaining refunds. Please note, while I'm always happy to help where I can, I don't handle ticketing at all, and it's not handled from the DHF office, so ticketholders should wait to hear from MSV. You can read more about this here: http://news.msv.com/statement-5-march.aspx

Once again, I am so very sorry and disappointed to have to give you this news. I can only hope that we can see each other again next year.

With best wishes

Karen