Donington Historic 2021 meet any update

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Just seen that Japfest 2021 has been cancelled and wonder if I have missed any news on the Historic that is meant to be held in early May as did have a message from them that if you had purchased tickets for the 2020 event that they had been transferred to the 2021 event

donington historic 2022.jpg

richiep

Club Member
There’s an inevitability to all of this, especially given recent noises from the govt about things like not making holiday plans for the summer, even if it’s in the form of a UK staycation. I suspect all this year’s events will be cancelled too. We will end up effectively losing two years of public events of any kind.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Dear Car Club Organiser

The Government's announcement of the roadmap out of lockdown inevitably raised some questions about motorsport events taking place in early May, but I am delighted to confirm that it's all systems go for our event, and we are really looking forward to welcoming your club members to Donington Park on 1 & 2 May – the Donington Historic Festival’s 10th anniversary!

With spectators now confirmed and tickets back on sale today, there is still time for your members to enjoy their 50% club discount on our Early Bird ticket savings - this extra-special discount will end at 23:59 this Sunday, 14 March, after which your members can still get the 50% discount on our standard advance tickets until the car club booking deadline of 17:00 on Sunday, 25 April.

Please note, there will be no on the day ticket sales - tickets are now only available to purchase in advance.

We are aware that some of your members will have booked hotel accommodation before the Roadmap out of lockdown was announced and, of course, hotels and B&Bs are not permitted to open for leisure guests until 17 May. If this impacts on any of your members - i.e. if they are now unable to use the tickets they have booked for DHF 2021 or if they can only come on one day rather than both, please ask them to email request@msv.com to discuss a full or partial refund.

Garaculas

Club Member
Very excited to get an email about this today! Won’t be in my Z as it’s in pieces but I’ll be sure to pop and say hi to you all :)