260z Restoration - Let's get started

Ian

Club Member
These don't look like 50 year old designs do they?
Yes and no, you can tell they are not a modern design, but its still looks fresh and it has aged really well, its a shape that will never look dated and looks better than almost anything you see today.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Finally driven outside under her own steam! (Even if it’s only up the drive) I had a few issues with the original ECU map being a mile off but a new map and it’s totally driveable even from cold. The rear glass is not in yet as there’s a slight paint fault on the tailgate that needs sorted, that’ll get done, and I’ll put a few miles on and then off to the rollers, there’s so much that’s new to the car that I’d like a bit of confidence that it’s all ok before caning it!82BFF4FD-9922-473C-B288-0C47A0141F8E.jpegA8E31B6A-680C-4976-B17F-0A05FA4FDC45.jpeg310B7709-3240-4E05-8A60-5A13883D6A14.jpegFA7FDFF0-3F30-46DA-A2CF-75E73EB0BD82.jpeg

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Lovely car - a credit to you.

Bit low at the front.
I’ll have a look at the ride heights now it’s off the lift, nothing is set yet, susp, tracking etc. Our drive is steep so it may be sitting down at the front, it may not come off the top without rubbing. My Westfield drags everytime, so I ended up with Titanium skid plates.

Paul Henley

Club Member
I went to see Andrews car this afternoon, its simply stunning. The engineering and its quality that has gone into this resto is amazing. Unfortunately the lack of sunshine on the car and presence of condensation from the frost mean the pics don't do the car justice. Additional pics of the gorgeous engine bay and interior please Andy.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I’ll have a look at the ride heights now it’s off the lift, nothing is set yet, susp, tracking etc. Our drive is steep so it may be sitting down at the front, it may not come off the top without rubbing. My Westfield drags everytime, so I ended up with Titanium skid plates.

I wouldn't want your lovely paintwork to be rubbed off the front wheel arches on lock.

tyroguru

Club Member
Just been looking through some of the photo's back in 2016 to remind myself of what you started with. Really fantastic work Andy! I'm very much looking forward to hearing about how your engine build performs. As others have said, loads of pictures would be great when you have time and suitable weather.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Just been looking through some of the photo's back in 2016 to remind myself of what you started with. Really fantastic work Andy! I'm very much looking forward to hearing about how your engine build performs. As others have said, loads of pictures would be great when you have time and suitable weather.
Thanks, Hopefully good inspiration to keep you rolling along with your build! Happy New Year!

Turn & Burn

Club Member
The car has been in the paint shop for a few weeks whilst they got round to doing a polish and fixing up a few snags that we’d agreed to leave until I’d done scratching it during the build. Gave me chance to repaint the garage floor and build some ramps that let me park it over the lift without catching. I got it back on Friday so thought I’d wrestle in the rear glass which had never been in since paint. I think it took longer cleaning off the windscreen sealant than fitting the glass, horrible claggy stuff!5939184D-CB2F-4AA0-975B-008A675D8145.jpeg