The perfect house for us?

uk66fastback

Club Member
It's the women who buy houses the usually ... if she's happy with it, it makes for an easiy(ier) life. As for estate agents, they're in the selling game so what do you expect? It's the house that's for sale, not the petrol station next door. Why would they show that? Their role is to get potential buyers through the front door.

Bazzateer

Club Member
That place would suit me perfectly. No garden to waste time on and plenty of space for cars, tools and projects. Nice looking house on top of it too. Price works too, just a shame it's in the wrong place for me.

Garaculas

Club Member
The OP house has great potential and could be a dream for someone but completely agree about the garage being omitted from adverts, very irritating!

We were fortunate enough to be able to look at houses with atleast a double garage and you would think that would be a big selling point. Sadly many don’t photograph it, measure it correctly or explain what facilities there are in there.

uk66fastback

Club Member
The OP house has great potential and could be a dream for someone but completely agree about the garage being omitted from adverts, very irritating!

We were fortunate enough to be able to look at houses with atleast a double garage and you would think that would be a big selling point. Sadly many don’t photograph it, measure it correctly or explain what facilities there are in there.

Mainly I think because most people's double garages are full of bikes, camping equipment, canoes, rubbish, stuff the wife doesn't want in the house, golf clubs etc. And they think anyone who buys it will do the same.

You do see the odd house that says - garage with sink, 3-phase electrics etc but not many and that's probably because when most blokes get 'their space' just how they want it - moving is the last thing on their minds!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Here's a good example of being short on the facts. This house is 50m yes 50m from the hairpin bend at Mallory Park racing circuit and garages/industrial units.

Would you think that by looking at the pics and reading the description? It's even closer than it shows on the satellite image - it's directly above the word Mallory if you zoom in. I live 3.8 miles as the crow flies from there and I can hear the racing.

It's been for sale for a number of years!

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/81474604#/media?id=media1

racer

Club Member
Here's a good example of being short on the facts. This house is 50m yes 50m from the hairpin bend at Mallory Park racing circuit and garages/industrial units.

Would you think that by looking at the pics and reading the description? It's even closer than it shows on the satellite image - it's directly above the word Mallory if you zoom in. I live 3.8 miles as the crow flies from there and I can hear the racing.

It's been for sale for a number of years!

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/81474604#/media?id=media1

I see what you mean Rob, I suppose 50 meters is a long way from the track. Perhaps you should check out the view from the bedroom window before discounting it? EXTRA;)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I see what you mean Rob, I suppose 50 meters is a long way from the track. Perhaps you should check out the view from the bedroom window before discounting it? EXTRA;)

There's a big bank at the back and high fence to try and cut the noise down!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Shame, I suppose they don't want you hogging all the noise for your self EXTRA:D

Actually Matt that area would be a prime housing development site. Im sure that will happen one day especially with this Covid situation ruining spectator activity.