Knocking. Argh

stuart barrie

Club Member
As Graeme said above I done his and when I striped them the gland nut at the top of strut tube was loose.
I think 50mm spanner required in through spring to check no stripping required.

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
As Graeme said above I done his and when I striped them the gland nut at the top of strut tube was loose.
I think 50mm spanner required in through spring to check no stripping required.

by that you mean where the damper screws into the Susp leg body/strut?

DPT

Club Member
Not sure from above whether you have fixed it or not ... I have just stripped down my suspension and there is a rubber bump stop at the top of the shock absorber. When I stripped mine down it was so brittle it shattered. If this goes it will cause the bumping you talk about but will be impossible to find until you remove the spring. Photo shows replacement bump stop

Attachments

• 16045272454916643922178436013037.jpg
    16045272454916643922178436013037.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 23

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
Not sure from above whether you have fixed it or not ... I have just stripped down my suspension and there is a rubber bump stop at the top of the shock absorber. When I stripped mine down it was so brittle it shattered. If this goes it will cause the bumping you talk about but will be impossible to find until you remove the spring. Photo shows replacement bump stop
No not fixed
I’m done with it for this year. I’ll dig it out in the spring and spend even more money on it although mine won’t be the bump stop. It knock over very fine bumps.

Reactions: DPT

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I had a mate who had a knock he couldn’t fix on a Honda Civic, tried everything and then discovered a stray golf ball in the boot.
Have you tried the spare wheel well and and the two ‘pockets’ behind the wheel wells?

peter_s

Club Member
I had a mate who had a knock he couldn’t fix on a Honda Civic, tried everything and then discovered a stray golf ball in the boot.
Have you tried the spare wheel well and and the two ‘pockets’ behind the wheel wells?
Haha, that made me laugh! Strange sounds can really be anything

Pondo

Club Member
That’s exactly what my mates used to do to me as I always hated knocking noises in my car so they would hide stuff on purpose which would drive me mad!! Golf balls was a favourite.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
That’s exactly what my mates used to do to me as I always hated knocking noises in my car so they would hide stuff on purpose which would drive me mad!! Golf balls was a favourite.

Don't ever get a series landrover.