US Election

Robbie J

Club Member
Anybody watching this?

I work for a US company and have a lot of US colleagues and they can't believe what's going on.

I've been watching BBC and Sky, I was speaking to some us guys and they said the BBC coverage was good. Normally fine the BBC coverage of the UK bias but its been fair in the US Election

status

Well-Known Forum User
Two old blokes,is that all the yanks can offer to be the most powerful person on this planet,Doesn’t say much does it,at least Trumpy boy got em back to work and says it as it is,Shame we didn’t have someone with a pair and got on with it

AD240Z

Club Member
I’m not normally that interested but I think feelings towards Trump are generally so strong - both for and against.

I Do find it strange that both candidates are in their 70’s .

SacCyclone

Club Member
So far it's a big Shi..............ttttttttttt show.

We can't even get it together to count votes here in the states......

Many states hold back ballots for days, send vote counters home after 8 hours and start again the next day counting votes....

.and speaking of vote counters who thought it was a good idea to have 20-30 people preparing millions of voting envelops for the electronic voting machines to read bubbles....really. Maybe hire a couple hundred people so it doesn't take days to show a winner.

Bunch of idiots here running things. Disgusted.

Ok, I'm done venting for another 4 years.

Mike

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Thought I read somewhere they start to count mailed in votes on voting day? And not when they received them? Saw a clip of Bernie Sanders predicting exactly what happened: Potus announcing he won before the final result.

Robbie J

Club Member
So far it's a big Shi..............ttttttttttt show.

We can't even get it together to count votes here in the states......

Many states hold back ballots for days, send vote counters home after 8 hours and start again the next day counting votes....

.and speaking of vote counters who thought it was a good idea to have 20-30 people preparing millions of voting envelops for the electronic voting machines to read bubbles....really. Maybe hire a couple hundred people so it doesn't take days to show a winner.

Bunch of idiots here running things. Disgusted.

Ok, I'm done venting for another 4 years.

Mike
sorry to get you all rallied up.

To us it is bizarre they should a high tech country can make this so hard.... that said I did travel to the US 4 or 5 times a year and the regional differences, state to state are more marked than in the UK.....I suppose we see NY, Chicago, and California most in TV shows which is not really representative of the whole country

chris frizzell

Club Member
what do you expect from a bunch of traitors ,Yet another country with gained forceful indipendence only to ball every thing up . you have to think how it all works in a country with 325 millions people and more guns than that god bless the USof A.

Bazzateer

Club Member
If Trump wins it'll be a victory for democracy.
If he loses he'll be dragged kicking and screaming out of the White House crying about how unfair it all is and that democracy has been cheated.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
what do you expect from a bunch of traitors ,Yet another country with gained forceful indipendence only to ball every thing up . you have to think how it all works in a country with 325 millions people and more guns than that god bless the USof A.
"traitors"? I wouldn't be keen on taxation without representation either.

AD240Z

Club Member
It’s been posted a lot - but when he’s making statements like he’s going to sue every state where Bidens won - this really rings true:

SacCyclone

Club Member
Thought I read somewhere they start to count mailed in votes on voting day? And not when they received them? Saw a clip of Bernie Sanders predicting exactly what happened: Potus announcing he won before the final result.
Thats a big part of the problem Martin......each state decides how it will run their election process, ie votes mailed in counted when received even several days before election day, vote counts to start on election day only, votes counted X amount of days after the election ends and on and on. Then you have all the different media outlets calling winners and losers based on states results even while states are still counting votes. And of course there are the reports of ballots found in garbage cans or at the POST office after election day. If you have a theory of how the process is flawed or corrupt you can find something to back it up.
Mistrust, anger, resentment and disillusionment in the democratic process is the result.
We will get past it all and the allurement of another go around to get it right in 4 years will be the consolation.
Mike

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
It'll be like watching a toddler getting dragged away from a party hes not invited to.
Can't imagine he'll be that bothered. Some token 'I wuss robbed nonsense', and some more buying up vast swathes of Scotland for golf courses...........

Robbie J

Club Member
Can't imagine he'll be that bothered. Some token 'I wuss robbed nonsense', and some more buying up vast swathes of Scotland for golf courses...........
he might go under, golf courses and hotels are not doing well atm, hence why he was always wanting to keep things open, he has been bankrupt lots of time before