[SOLVED] Seats. Talk to me.

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
I have those seats in my RS2000. they set the scene back then.

Be interested to know if they can sit low enough in the Datsun. I like what’s been done to them .

JK240

Club Member
The seats are from a Vauxhall Manta GTE, and they sit great in the 510.
And looking at the price folks are asking for them on eBay they were a bit of a bargain, not sure I'll be quite so fortunate with the re-trim.... :D

Cheers,

JK

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
5989B7DE-A51A-49EF-A16E-DB067E33D6B4.jpeg So these are the seats in the MZR. Pre covered Obvs.

It looks like the AUTOLOOK but I emailed The AUTOLOOK supplier they said they don’t make them with the headrest. I wonder if they are tied into only supplying MZR

Attachments

• 6166FA6D-C5DE-4A64-BE86-C068464FD653.jpeg
    6166FA6D-C5DE-4A64-BE86-C068464FD653.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 5

atomman

Club Member
There the same ones in the YouTube video posted above. he's drilling the holes in the seat mounts on the bench ,

here @ 6.08

Like I said they have probably had a mould made to manufacture them, not that hard really, bit of pre preg carbon, vac bag and an oven and means they have their "own" exclusive seat that you only get if you buy on of their cars

Last edited:

datsfun

Club Member
There the same ones in the YouTube video posted above. he's drilling the holes in the back rest on the bench ,

Like I said they have probably had a mould made to manufacture them, not that hard really, bit of pre preg carbon, vac bag and an oven and means they have their "own" seat

Alot of the Japanese "period recreation" seats do not meet Australian safety regulations and as such can not be sold in that market. If MZR are making their own, then they would have the regulation side of things covered.

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
Today I spoke to my mate at who’s the MD at a well known seat manufacturer.

If anyone can get their hands on an Autolook high back seat pictured in this thread, let me know.

We could get this ball rolling