Tapatalk Issue

Wally

Club Member
Is anyone having problems accessing the forum through tapatalk? It won't let me view any posts or login. All other forums work fine.

7EAEE7C5-CCC3-47B7-8AB1-C369CAE07476.jpeg 8A490B90-7226-4B6D-A722-15ABCAB5BA10.jpeg

Paul_S

Club Member
I have problems too. The forum stopped updating on my phone a few days ago so I uninstalled / reinstalled TapaTalk yesterday. Now I have the same issue as above.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi guys - I'm looking into it. In the meantime the mobile site should still be working fine. If anybody else is having an issue with Tapatalk - please post and let us know here.

tyroguru

Club Member
Yeah, I haven't been able to use Tapatalk for several days now - been meaning to follow up. It's the main way I read this site so a solution would be really appreciated! I was logged out and now I can't authenticate (as Wally has posted above). It appears to be specific to this forum as classiczcars.com is fine for me in Tapatalk.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi guys I think we might just remove Tapatalk, it's not the first problem we've had with it and there doesn't seem to be that many people using it.

tyroguru

Club Member
Is anyone aware of any other forum readers for iOS beside Tapatalk that work with Zclub.net? I completely understand the need to remove maintenance burden but I'd absolutely hate to have to use a browser to read the forum all the time. I generally catch up with forums when I have a spare minute and that's usually not when I'm in front of a computer.

Wally

Club Member
Is anyone aware of any other forum readers for iOS beside Tapatalk that work with Zclub.net? I completely understand the need to remove maintenance burden but I'd absolutely hate to have to use a browser to read the forum all the time. I generally catch up with forums when I have a spare minute and that's usually not when I'm in front of a computer.
This is very much how I do things. I exclusively use tapatalk for ease and never access the forum on a computer.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I'm getting used to mobile browser - quite a few of the forums I use haven't had tapatalk integration for quite a while (that is mr2roc.org, hybridz.org and speeduino.com).

toopy

Club Member

You can access the forum online via the phone just the same as on the PC, that's what i do, tried Tapatalk ages ago, hated it!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member

I’m with you! I generally hate browser based forum software. I had also bookmarked many threads over the years in Tapatalk which I’ve now lost without an opportunity to transfer them onto a browser :(

Bazzateer

Club Member
Never understood Tapatalk or the need for it. I access the forum on my phone and tablet 95% of the time with no issues. Is it an Apple thing? I don't use Apple products.

tyroguru

Club Member
Tapatalk is a pretty simple affair but it has some nice ease-of-use advantages, some of which Ali has mentioned above. I like the way the it presents the posts - much, much better for me than a browser based version on a phone or tablet. It also lets you download high res images extremely easily. Just a better experience than a browser for me. Of course, you could probably write a better app than this in a few days if you have any Swift or Objective-C skills but it's very niche so not surprising people don't.

I only use Tapatalk for this site and classiczcars.com because, as Jon says, not many sites support it.

Most apps such as this are really not adding much apart from better styling, presentation and some data organisation usually. Some people aren't at all concerned about that as witnessed by some comments saying that they found it pointless but others do find it valuable. Variety is good. It would be a real shame if Tapatalk access was taken away from Zclub.net but I get it if only a few use the facility and it's causing issues. It will definitely mean that I access the forums less purely because of how I use apps - generalised tools such as browsers slow access down for me and make it so that I don't access sites anywhere near as much as when I have a dedicated app.

Wally

Club Member
Was a decision made if tapatalk compatibility was being removed? The forum is still not available on there.

Paul_S

Club Member
I would like to see it stay if at all possible. I use it on my phone all the time. Admittedly I'm not spending hours on the train each day at present, but still use it in the evenings.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Was a decision made if tapatalk compatibility was being removed? The forum is still not available on there.

It's going to be removed unfortunately - I just haven't got round to it yet since it's a bit fiddly.