• No.3

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Other (please load photo/s)

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Not the right style for the 280Z but I'd have 'em on my 240Z IF they fit under standard arches - I'll check 'em out - could be fun to bring in a few sets.

Graeme - CZ

Club Member
It's just a reguler road car - I'm only going coilovers to get the front and rear heights right.

I see they provide a few kits. Is it this one most folk go with? Also, assume I could probably simply have them welded locally?

b22556d6c4f5a2144c2c5c4245e161a6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Well, the car has been collected from Dave Rebellos' with a fair few parts inside. Entering the country, the car will be taxed at 5.5%:D but the parts at 10% custons taxes plus the 20% VAT :(!

The cars' evolution project had evolved, I confess in part due to budget constraints but also because it's to be more of a GT than a 'sports-car' - I have the 240Z for that :

Planned works:

BC Racing suspension and improved anti-roll bars now KYB shocks and Vogtland lowering springs
New bushes (and if necessary) weather-seals everywhere
Remove bumpers and replace with 240Z chrome style without rubber corners
Mount a tall grill from Skillard keeping the indicators inside but transparent as on the 4x wings.
Mount one of my exhaust lines with the ‘Fast-Road’ and ‘JDM’ silencer
Replacement of the diff with a R180 3.9 Subaru torsion now a 3.54 LSD unit
European headlights and rear lights
Installation of plexi headlight covers with metal fittings
Replacement of the dashboard with a new one later dude
Installation of a kit of ventilated brakes (with or without 4x piston caliper) at the front
New new windshield and seal
Complete overhaul, engine oil changes, axle, gearbox, ball joint control, rear brakes, etc.

The engine will remain in stock, possibly with a better fresh air intake…. cool-air intake, larger (AZC) throttle body and turbo injectors to be fitted : http://www.arizonazcar.com/inject.html
Romas carpet and keep the hatch louvres along with the body stripes

Some new 7x14 wheels have already arrived, they are nice to the touch, not as 'bronze-tinted' as I thought (which is better) and far from 9kgs:)

For any future contact, please email me at seanz@wanadoo.fr or whatsapp : (0033) 784911377

I'm leaving the club for personal reasons and so won't have access to reply to threads and PMs !

Thanks,

Sean

Attachments

• 003 (2).JPG
    003 (2).JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 002 (2).JPG
    002 (2).JPG
    141 KB · Views: 34
  • 001 (3).JPG
    001 (3).JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 005 (2).JPG
    005 (2).JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 004 (2).JPG
    004 (2).JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 32

chris frizzell

Club Member
nice looking 280z Sean .wheels look great. take a look at protunerz in the USA they do a billet rail with 3 injector option for about £160 all in . Just got one myself great quality will do a fitting blog so keep a look out . has your 280z got a lsd ?

SacCyclone

Club Member
"Leaving the club for personal reasons"?????

Sad to see you go Sean, stay in touch via e-mail then.

Cheers, Mike

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
An update :

The car arrived and passed through customs ok - total cost of transport and customs, VAT etc was £2741 (which includes some internal US road transport to the port and VAT etc on some parts in the car). I must thank Dave Rebello for storing the car for a couple of weeks.

It's is now currently at my friends Valinho Auto Racing (VAR) just south of Paris, they who are running 2x 240Zs in historic racing, one of which is the white 240 'ZG'. A few years ago, the boss, Daniel, and I imported a few containers of Zs amongst others and have sustained a good relation together.

On, the diff - I'm in two minds - I have an R200 3.9 but why not fit an R180 3.9 (with or without LSD) to lose some weight ?

I've gone 'soft' on the suspension, new KYBs and Vogtlands but reinforced by the uprated anti-roll bar kit and new poly-bushes all round. If I'm not happy with that, I'll go BC !

I was tempted to put a rear spoiler on but figure it'll be 'too much' whilst heeping the louvres. However, I will be fitting the JDM (?) front spoiler in black.

New Euro rear lights (red over orange) and transparent wing repeaters all round complimented by transparent in-grill indicators at the front.

The grill is a full-depth one from Skillard to cover up the gaping hole left by the deletion of the federal bumper for a clean, no black corner rubber chrome one (same at the rear).

I have two new off-white seat covers and mousse, a black leather armrest and a full dash-cap - I'll have to save up for a new dash for later.

Steering wheel - I ordered something special and hope it works, if not I have plenty of choice of restored wood or leather ones in stock.

Black carpet kit from Romas, new wiper arms and blades in stainless steel complete the decoration.

Obviously a Zstory full exhaust - Fast-Road, line and JDM twin vertical exit silencer.

There is a 5spd in there and I have an S13 spare if desired but the clutch will be changed anyway along with the installation of a lightened flywheel.

The fitting of a higher-ratio diff, flywheel and lighter bumpers are all designed to aid the car to be a little more lively than a stock 280Z but she remains strictly a road-car, a GT !

I was going to upgfrade the throttle body - 65 or 70mm but have heard that it does nothing to improve performance so I'll merely add a conical fan in front of the rad for a cold-air pickup.

Attachments

• IMG_20200915_194051.jpg
    IMG_20200915_194051.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20200915_194159.jpg
    IMG_20200915_194159.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20200915_194222.jpg
    IMG_20200915_194222.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20200915_194149.jpg
    IMG_20200915_194149.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20200915_194217.jpg
    IMG_20200915_194217.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 46

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Robbie and thanks.

Those would be nice on my 240Z but not sure if it'll pass their torque limit !

I have a pair of John Williams' stub axels but I'm not sure if they'll fit to the 280Zs half-shafts.....:unsure::blush:

Mark N

Club Member
Thanks Mark.

What advantages do you have from it ?

From what I can gather, the advantage is only aesthetic.
I believe the restriction of the runners limit air flow no matter the size of the TB.
I have done away with the stock airbox and AFM, both of which are also considered to be restrictive.

Makesy

Club Member

That's a tempting route to get rid of the horrible linkage and move to a cable setup.

Is that the same size as stock?

Mark N

Club Member
That's a tempting route to get rid of the horrible linkage and move to a cable setup.

Is that the same size as stock?

The bolt pattern is the same as the manifold.
However, I had to adapt the Z Car Depot FAST TPS adapter slightly to fit the throttle body.

M-j-b

Club Member
Well, the car has been collected from Dave Rebellos' with a fair few parts inside. Entering the country, the car will be taxed at 5.5%:D but the parts at 10% custons taxes plus the 20% VAT :(!

The cars' evolution project had evolved, I confess in part due to budget constraints but also because it's to be more of a GT than a 'sports-car' - I have the 240Z for that :

Planned works:

BC Racing suspension and improved anti-roll bars now KYB shocks and Vogtland lowering springs
New bushes (and if necessary) weather-seals everywhere
Remove bumpers and replace with 240Z chrome style without rubber corners
Mount a tall grill from Skillard keeping the indicators inside but transparent as on the 4x wings.
Mount one of my exhaust lines with the ‘Fast-Road’ and ‘JDM’ silencer
Replacement of the diff with a R180 3.9 Subaru torsion now a 3.54 LSD unit
European headlights and rear lights
Installation of plexi headlight covers with metal fittings
Replacement of the dashboard with a new one later dude
Installation of a kit of ventilated brakes (with or without 4x piston caliper) at the front
New new windshield and seal
Complete overhaul, engine oil changes, axle, gearbox, ball joint control, rear brakes, etc.

The engine will remain in stock, possibly with a better fresh air intake…. cool-air intake, larger (AZC) throttle body and turbo injectors to be fitted : http://www.arizonazcar.com/inject.html
Romas carpet and keep the hatch louvres along with the body stripes

Some new 7x14 wheels have already arrived, they are nice to the touch, not as 'bronze-tinted' as I thought (which is better) and far from 9kgs:)

For any future contact, please email me at seanz@wanadoo.fr or whatsapp : (0033) 784911377

I'm leaving the club for personal reasons and so won't have access to reply to threads and PMs !

Thanks,

Sean

Really tidy looking z, do you have any new updates on progress?

Can I ask a few questions on the engine mods,

Are you changing the cast manifold? I read there isnt much difference between the cast L28 manifold compared to replacements (weight maybe?) And a little better flow via separate pipes.. ?

Also you will use 280zx turbo injectors? They are 440c compared to standard 380c.. if you are changing the air Intake to cone externally and changing the exhaust will the vehicle utilise the extra fuel?
I appreciate the increased flow through air and exhaust gas..

Would a good fuel pump and variable fuel regulator give enough increase to cope with a better breathing engine on standard 380c ?
Or do you need to change to 440c injectors with increased breathing ?

I am just about to start my 280z project.. but making a plan before I start.

Thanks

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I'd be amazed if standard 280z or zx injectors are 380cc. I'd expect half that.

M-j-b

Club Member
I think NA injectors are 188cc and the turbo injectors are 265cc.

Glad I am asking the question now. Listed on Ebay USA refurbished OE 280z injectors 380c..
Wont be buying those then...

However as I am looking to replace, and looking at the same changes..
increased air and exhaust flow, upping the injector size ? Or will the standard injector be able to handle the increased air/exhaust with ease.
I would rather not be running lean.

Genuinely not trying to hijack the thread. Thanks