Garage envy

Ian

Club Member
I was going to mention there's an awful lot of non-garage/car related stuff in there!
Yes, its not by choice but it will be resolved asap. Want it to be only car and workshop space in there. With the exception of my kayaks as they are too big to store in a hut.

The end bay with the bench will probably be daily driver storage when not being used but as some of the work I do there is dirty I was thinking of putting up an industrial curtain divider on that first beam to keep the dirt/dust away from the car storage areas.

slaphead

Club Member
the carrier bag of Guinness really finishes it off.EXTRA:)

what is the other non z car ?

Yes I thought it did as well (certainly finished me off lol).

The other shed is a 1951 Riley RMA 1.5 which is slowly being bought back to life

Garaculas

Club Member
Great seeing everyone’s set up, some awesome garages and sheds! We’ve just moved into our first home and at long last I can have the Z at home with me instead of at a rented garage some 30 or 60 miles away!

31B12185-A362-49D8-A78B-62E286140404.jpeg 159C6DBA-412A-4596-A26C-D5FBB2BF1DD7.jpeg

We’ve just ordered a Hormann sectional garage door and will be upgrading the radiator at the back to a tall one which is over double the height so should make it a nice year round workshop just in time for the next big steps in the project!

tyroguru

Club Member
If only they could stay that empty! Best thing I did was getting a sectional garage door: fantastically sealed, very well insulated and really quiet unlike the massive old metal thing it replaced! I think the neighbours are much happier (with that anyway :) ) .

uk66fastback

Club Member
I fitted a roller-type one to my (big) single a couple of years ago which replaced the 20yo wooden ones on there - sold them on ebay ... they weren't rotten at all and a bloke with exactly the same size doors (but rotten) drove from Leicester to pick them up - ideal! Couldn't have a sectional one as I have stuff in the rof and by the door was the only way up to get it.

Nice size though Garaculas!

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
I remember someone asked if their Z was small enough to drive it into their garage! Mine is 1" off the racking on the passenger side so I can open the drivers door a little. It gets pushed in and out every time - I'm 68 by the way.

that was me ;) well i asked how wide a Z was. Last house was a farm with oput buidlings were space just wasnt an issue. Since moved to suburbialand with modern developer sizing, I can drive in and enough to get out, but only just, and i am a 2 decades younger than sir also.

some tidy garages there too

clandon

Active Forum User
Great seeing everyone’s set up, some awesome garages and sheds! We’ve just moved into our first home and at long last I can have the Z at home with me instead of at a rented garage some 30 or 60 miles away!

View attachment 40180 View attachment 40181

We’ve just ordered a Hormann sectional garage door and will be upgrading the radiator at the back to a tall one which is over double the height so should make it a nice year round workshop just in time for the next big steps in the project!

Nice garage. That's quite roomy. Mine can accommodate 1 car only.

status

Well-Known Forum User
My double I put up in the Paddock which houses the Z 4 M Coupe and my sti scooby,The Z sits in the attached garage

Attachments

• 84FF45FC-8BC0-499A-8387-E662156D4382.jpeg
    84FF45FC-8BC0-499A-8387-E662156D4382.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 33

Dale

Club Member
I thought it was about time I treated myself to some better tool storage in the garage. At the moment they’re all over the place in various small tool boxes and hanging from the wall. And of course, I invariably don’t put them back in the same place because of it.

So I’ve just ordered one of these. It comes flat packed and apparently is a 250kg shipping weight! Building it should be a nice way to spend an afternoon.

157549B1-6C58-4297-BF0D-A64C86665D9F.jpeg

Garaculas

Club Member
Had the new Hörmann sectional door fitted today and must say I’m very impressed! Bit of money out of the Z pot but worth every penny.

Before

7290122B-D37C-4C66-BE9B-53B44FE7D8FE.jpeg

After

7BF10958-7C79-40DE-97F5-C09C1B2376BF.jpeg

Electric operating, completely sealed from the outside and insulated so hopefully the garage is a workable temperature in the winter. Can also open and close from an app on the phone rather than carry a fob around all the time so very convenient!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
That is a nice door (I must be getting old !) and electric would be useful to me. I can only open my door from inside because I disabled the exterior handle after a break-in. I have an internal bolt too.

Do we think it's a good idea to have a sealed door?

My garage is not sealed around the door so it allows draughts which help to reduce the fumes from old cars (not running) and also all the oil, petrol, fluids, paint I keep in it. That is one thing that puts me off integral garages.

I think I would prefer a vent somewhere. There are also gaps around the apexes on my garage which help I think.