What did you do to your Z this week?

skinjim

Club Member
I haven't really done much to it this week, other than replace the headlight bulbs for something a bit brighter, but I have used it as a daily for the first time since 2002. I've had a lot of new wiring, new fuel pump and reg, and a heat shield recently; the difference it's all made has been amazing. It starts beautifully, and I have confidence in it for the first time in years. And all the attention it got at work was pretty nice too [emoji3526]

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Just been tinkering with the Z fitted facet fuel pump.last Saturday did it but just a few things need to sort with it, hopefully

off Notts classic car show at thoresby if anyone else would like come £4.50 entry

Attachments

• 20200905_111538.jpg
    20200905_111538.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 26

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Given it a blast round tops and them Made a new drip tray for Sammy :)

Attachments

• 20200906_124225.jpg
    20200906_124225.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 38

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
9c62198ab2914e2d9bb20a7cf216e29a.jpg

29bc8545d1b50b9cb72dd4838d7366d6.jpg

Put 820miles on the Z this weekend, up to see my folks in the black isle and drive the roads I did as a youth, which is not called the north coast 500, luckily know a few quieter roads too! Lucked out on weather

Recommendations for route

Do not do east coast past tongue to Bonar Bridge, go down past Tongue to Lairg, then XC toward Golspie , drive down to the ‘spinning dale’ turn off and back in towards bonar bridge.

Then go over the Suie, which takes you out at the Skiach (about 3 miles from Cromarty bridge) much better driving road and less tourist traffic, plus more IMHO.

Never missed a beat the whole way round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
Drove mine for the last time on Sunday car is now sold. Been fun for 13 years now a new chapter starts, thanks to all who have helped over the years, especially:bow: Pmac, Paul (status) Mr F RIP and everyone else who chipped in. Take care all of you and drive safe :driving::driving::seeya:

grb184

Club Member
Samuri into long term storage until 2021 :( whilst garage is demolished and new extension built...so what do I need in my new Garage? - suggestions?

Empty garage.jpg

Ped

Club Member
Got round to sending off documents to the DVLA to apply for road tax exemption. The guidance on how to do it from the GOV.UK site is pretty vague.

It basically says:

"Apply at a Post Office that deals with vehicle tax.

You need to take:

• the log book (V5C) in your name
  • your vehicle tax reminder letter (V11), if you have one
  • an MOT certificate that’s valid when the tax starts, or evidence if your vehicle’s exempt from an MOT (V112)
  • an insurance certificate or cover note (only in Northern Ireland)"
The problem is when you get to the post office counter, they don't know what to do with it. There does not seem to be an internal from they have to complete, so I got a couple of "computer says no"...

However, the chap I got at the THIRD Post Office I tried seemed to get what I was after, and was very helpful. He said he would send them off for me that evening. Fingers crossed I will get new paperwork in due course, I believe it can take up to 6 weeks.

Huw

Club Member
Got round to sending off documents to the DVLA to apply for road tax exemption. The guidance on how to do it from the GOV.UK site is pretty vague.

It basically says:

"Apply at a Post Office that deals with vehicle tax.

You need to take:

• the log book (V5C) in your name
  • your vehicle tax reminder letter (V11), if you have one
  • an MOT certificate that’s valid when the tax starts, or evidence if your vehicle’s exempt from an MOT (V112)
  • an insurance certificate or cover note (only in Northern Ireland)"
The problem is when you get to the post office counter, they don't know what to do with it. There does not seem to be an internal from they have to complete, so I got a couple of "computer says no"...

However, the chap I got at the THIRD Post Office I tried seemed to get what I was after, and was very helpful. He said he would send them off for me that evening. Fingers crossed I will get new paperwork in due course, I believe it can take up to 6 weeks.

Best of luck with the request mate. The DVLA are dealing with the backlog at the moment so they say. I put my request in with my local PO back in March. Got the paper work today with a promise of a refund and new V5C to follow.

Drove mine for the last time on Sunday car is now sold. Been fun for 13 years now a new chapter starts, thanks to all who have helped over the years, especially:bow: Pmac, Paul (status) Mr F RIP and everyone else who chipped in. Take care all of you and drive safe :driving::driving::seeya:

Anything going to replace it?

Samuri into long term storage until 2021 :( whilst garage is demolished and new extension built...so what do I need in my new Garage? - suggestions?

Power floated floor, no need to seal it then as it'll never dust and be amazingly level.

4 post lift(compact) so you can store your car in the air out of harms way

4-5000k led lighting, don't get blue, go for daylight colour temp

pot belly stove to warm it up

make sure they're airflow to keep away damp