Here we go again...

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
got to be a good option even if not perfect? especially on car with a shell this good.

They aren’t cheap but for a good restoration and what available on the second hand market, I wouldn’t hesitate if I was doing my car now.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Dan,

I have been on the hunt for the past several years here in the states for nice 240 hoods but they are really getting to be very rare in nice condition. I found a beautiful 110 red bonnet at a friends house that he sold to me for $400 a couple years ago which I thought at the time was a little pricey but it was literally a bolt on hood so I went for it. Today I would pay double that for the same condition.

The Seibon carbon fiber hoods at almost $1000 with tax and shipping are a decent deal if originality are not a deal breaker.

Maybe Auto Panel Solutions will start to make these some day!!!!!

Mike

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I have seen those repo ones before. I’ll see how nice my bonnet comes out first before spending significant amounts on one of those. It’s a rot free bonnet just has a fair amount of dents! I cut one out...

46C7EE24-E875-4F31-A097-178034E50CBD.jpeg

Ian

Club Member
Its nice but if you want the original look, I mean you don't get a Carbon one and paint it.
Thats what I did. But mine is a pure dry carbon bonnet, I did it for the weight saving, FRP don't come close to being as light as mine. But most carbon bonnets sold are actually FRP with a carbon skin.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Haven’t updated this for a long time..

I gave up with that Bonnet and bought another at great expense but it’s as new...

I painted the car once and the booth roof leaked during what I think was our U.K. equivalent of hurricane Katrina so I had to prep the entire body again as it ruined the final clear coat. Second time came out perfect ... I bought a new Sata HVLP Phaser for base coat and a Sata 5000 RP for lacquer. Results from both were incredible straight out the gun.

Wings/doors and tailgate prepped ready for paint just need to prime the bonnet ready.

17518601-D348-4420-BD87-5A542A1B2D47.jpeg

CDC6107B-C0E4-4EFF-BEDA-A9B7459A7AE9.jpeg