Here we go again...

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
And I have next week off to get on with my garden and some Datsun...

I wasn’t happy with how the raptor tint had dulled down after a couple of weeks so i scotched it all and repainted the underside along with prepping the engine bay and painting. Now I can finally drop the car down to prep the roof and prime the 1/4’s/rear end.

36E39484-4ABE-4B2B-8902-C91147C298E4.jpeg F08CFB9A-0185-4CC4-9BA3-63B5EC43AEA2.jpeg B3853478-8211-43C3-9B6A-6E03AC330282.jpeg 76548BDE-D6B3-43DD-B8CA-2169B8159A6B.jpeg 6515C3D0-0A59-4712-8922-7D9C1A9AFB05.jpeg

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Superb work Dan - very shiny all over!!! [emoji106]

Love the colour.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Dan, what are those 'plates' for either side of the nose of the diff, the ones with 3 holes in?

Rushingphil

Club Member
And I have next week off to get on with my garden and some Datsun...

I wasn’t happy with how the raptor tint had dulled down after a couple of weeks so i scotched it all and repainted the underside along with prepping the engine bay and painting. Now I can finally drop the car down to prep the roof and prime the 1/4’s/rear end.

View attachment 39844 View attachment 39845 View attachment 39846 View attachment 39847 View attachment 39848

Wow. That looks so good!

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
And after a quick DA on a door I was a little uncertain about... I’m now after a rust/filler free RH door. Anyone have one?

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Managed to find a door.... rust free and looks almost new old stock...

Started to look at the bonnet but that was also a bit naff..I repaired it but wasn't happy and managed to find another off of Samuri Kev (nice chap, had no idea who I was meeting till I got to his house and he showed me his cars...)

The car is now ready for one last primer coat before being 400'd and wet and dryed for paint... Hopefully be ready by the end of the month and I'll try take some more photos to update!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Managed to find a door.... rust free and looks almost new old stock...

Started to look at the bonnet but that was also a bit naff..I repaired it but wasn't happy and managed to find another off of Samuri Kev (nice chap, had no idea who I was meeting till I got to his house and he showed me his cars...)

The car is now ready for one last primer coat before being 400'd and wet and dryed for paint... Hopefully be ready by the end of the month and I'll try take some more photos to update!

Kevin Irons?

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Stripped the bonnet from Kevin but thats worse than my other so I’ll be repairing my current one! Got the final primer coat on the body so can hopefully get it 400’d and wet and dryed next weekend.