Gordon Murray reveals the secrets to his new 663bhp T.50

Robbie J

Club Member
Gordon Murray was at a RAC dinner I was at last year, interesting chap, my mate sold him his Alpine car.

Yes it's a long video and the car is 2 million but the technology plus thing at the front of the engine is amazing (ISG)

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Really good looking car. Not sure about the styling of the vent on the back though so I guess I'll keep my 2 million.

peter_s

Club Member
This car tick all the boxes for me. I normally don't like supercars because they are unusable. This one though....

uk66fastback

Club Member
Looks a bit like a Pagani Zonda from the back.
He’s a bright bloke is Murray, that’s for sure.

19 and 20” wheels which makes a change!

AD240Z

Club Member
Im not sure about the look of the fan thing on the back .

Am i right in thinking that that is the same technology he used in the Brabham BT46B in 1978 ??

Im not sure about the look of the fan thing on the back .

Am i right in thinking that that is the same technology he used in the Brabham BT46B in 1978 ??

Its everything hes ever done, turned upto 11.

I love the fact he obsesses over minor details, even the free play in switch gear. This will be the pinnacle of road going cars as we know them. Post this, hybrids/EV's/Turbo's, its not going to get any 'better'. What a thing.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
One of the best things I’ve ever seen / listened to. [emoji106]

grb184

Club Member
love the attention to every detail however small has been thought through, can't wait to see one in the flesh and hear it revving to 12,000! (if an owner of a £2m supercar would actually do so!)

Love Harrys Garage as well in any case

Bazzateer

Club Member
Not a fan (pun intended) of moderns but that I absolutely love. I share GM's dislike of autos and flappy paddles, silly shaped lights, stroking indicators, infotainment screens, dlrs etc.

I think the fan is inspired.

If I had the money my only tweak would be to put the gear change on the correct side.

Anyway, the guy clearly knows a great car when he sees/drives one, he does after all own a Hillman Imp.

Not a fan (pun intended) of moderns but that I absolutely love. I share GM's dislike of autos and flappy paddles, silly shaped lights, stroking indicators, infotainment screens, dlrs etc.

I think the fan is inspired.

If I had the money my only tweak would be to put the gear change on the correct side.

Anyway, the guy clearly knows a great car when he sees/drives one, he does after all own a Hillman Imp.

it’s totally in the right place if you’re a sports car fan, there’s history behind it.

I can’t fault it. Form really does follow function

Paul_S

Club Member
Thanks for posting this Robbie. I finally got round to seeing it and I found it fascinating.

I'm so pleased they went na with a manual 'box :)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Amazing car and even more amazing is that some are sold already. Still plenty of money around.

Hate the fan.

I was surprised how openly critical he is of his F1 design.

Bazzateer

Club Member
I was surprised how openly critical he is of his F1 design.
That's more hindsight though based on newer techniques and materials plus what he's leaned over the past couple of decades. I'm sure when he designed the F1 he thought it was the dog's doo-dad's :)