GTO Replica

Huw

Club Member
Not a fan of kit cars but that’s pretty and well done. Not everyone’s tastes but I like that.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I have a few comments. From a distance it looks impressive.

Why fit a rev counter down there!

Ugly visible fuse box.

Engine bay disappointing considering the external visual impact. Header tank - why with a standard rad?

It needs triples and chrome filters.

TBH a Jag V12 would look good in there.

Screen vents! They look like exhaust pipes.

Good attempt though.

AD240Z

Club Member
I’m not a huge fan of them ( not for £45k) - it looks good from the front but the rear hatch really spoils it for me .

Normally the interiors on replicas let them down . That tacho and gear gate housing aren’t for me.

I know my place when I can’t even afford the replicas - never mind the real thing .

peter_s

Club Member
I don't like it at all. It's not that I mind that it's a replica, it's the lines of the car. The proportions are wrong and ugly. It's all the details with the proportions that make the car look off.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
it looks like an s30 with one of those horrible widebody kits to ruin the lines.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I don't like it at all. It's not that I mind that it's a replica, it's the lines of the car. The proportions are wrong and ugly. It's all the details with the proportions that make the car look off.
it looks like an s30 with one of those horrible widebody kits to ruin the lines.

They look ok if smart IMO. However when you compare them to the real thing it puts things into perspective:

peter_s

Club Member
They look ok if smart IMO. However when you compare them to the real thing it puts things into perspective:
It's only my personal subjective view that I've never seen one that looks good. The lines and proportions are what makes or breaks it for me.

I don't put any value in wanting to build, own or like one. That is not up to me, if anyone likes it and want one, great! You should get a car you want.

The craftmanship looks fantastic, hats off to that.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Not S30 based I know, but since we are talking about Ferrari replicas, if I ever sell the Z, this is what I would have, the beat replica I have ever seen (in person). I don’t have £300k+ to spend but to have something so wonderfully accurate and fun for c.£40k is awesome; especially with that glorious sounding Alfa 3.0 V6.

On that note, why is it OK to have replicas of the Cobra and other cars but replica Ferraris - and by that I mean recreations, not body kits) - are frowned upon?

84f537222cc61a183e09c12cb1cfa742.png
f8fd866eecb29ce43f2df0cc4c623d01.png
8442ce92b4457ae6e6c61f4f25429d8e.png
71bd07af3f6a2882c398c6197c9fc0b4.png
e8feba6e57f3dda5a09d2f71b28025a1.png

I do think though, they look awesome in white or red.

http://www.jhclassics.com/carsforsale/

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
If I see a Cobra I think - kit car.

If I see a Ferrari I think Ferrari.

Maybe that's the answer Ali?

That Dino is too high.

peter_s

Club Member
I have no problems with replicas. Go for it if that's what you want.

I think that Dino looks off, enough to want to buy something else. But that's just my personal view

peter_s

Club Member
I have a thing to add regarding the Cobras. They actually look right. They look like the real deal, not something rebuilt. I think that's why they are well liked.