Nissan main dealer for L24 parts??

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Morning all....
In urgent need of set of cylinder head bolts (E88 - 9mm)
ARP the obvious choice but not keen on paying £200 as advertised on UK eBay.

Nissan Genuine Part Number is NS30240ZL24ESHBKGNIS

Genuine new sets (not new old stock) advertised in the States at reasonable prices ie Z Car Depot £72.00 but shipping and duty adds another £100.00.

Anyone know if it's possible to order a set from the Nissan UK network and in which case which is best dealer to approach ie sympathetic/knowledgeable on older Zs. Emailed a couple here in South West and no response so far, if I'm going to call one, don't want to waste their time or mine.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I've been in contact with my local one on the phone and given the right part number (even the 70s one that's been superseded), they can still order some nuts and bolts for old Zs. They have though, been incredibly slow and the parts are hugely overpriced (£3 for 1 washer).

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
I've just ordered the oem equivalent head bolts from zcardepot. I went via the ebay.uk route. £75 for the bolts; £25ish for shipping and my understanding is that i will need to pay another £25ish for duties. Cheaper than going direct from the zcardepot website. I was going to get the arp bolts because they are reusable if the head has to come off again. However, there is an old zclub thread where S Kiddel and others admit to reusing oem bolts. So that's what i'll do if the need arises. Buying arp bolts from the states is too excessive for my tastes.

When i got my 240z the oil filters were sourced from my local Nissan dealer. Then about 3 years (?) ago the local dealer said the Nissan uk policy was changed and they had to order a minimum quantity pack and not individual items. Clearly he wasn't going to order a pack of 10 oil filters to sit on his shelf unsold for my annual benefit. I then spoke to the Nissan uk parts boss and told him that their policy meant owners of old Nissan models could no longer get parts. Why not set up a central uk Nissan parts supply for old models ? Anyway, I think they subsequently went back to supplying individual parts. In the meantime I started buying my filters from Eurocarparts - a fram filter recommended by Alik.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
I did exactly the same earlier today nospark, neither of the Nissan UK dealers I made enquiries with even had the courtesy to acknowledge my request.
If ordering on the ZCS website shipping is $72 and exactly half that on eBay?

johnymd

Club Member
May have a full set of new Nissan head bolts. Sorry I’m a bit late but just seen this thread.

I did exactly the same earlier today nospark, neither of the Nissan UK dealers I made enquiries with even had the courtesy to acknowledge my request.
If ordering on the ZCS website shipping is $72 and exactly half that on eBay?

I think ZCS shipping is just crazy. Also the item should be cheaper as you shouldn't pay local sales tax.

However on ebay the 'global shipping' deal lowers the cost.

Like if shipping upland from Devon to Cheshire.

richiep

Club Member
OEM ones can be reused if in good condition. As mentioned above, engine builders in the know have reused them without issue.

Chris - I’ve got at least a couple of sets of used OEM bolts in my parts pile, clean and WD40’ed. If you don’t get new ones, they might be an option?