What did you do to your Z this week?

Bazzateer

Club Member
Cool!

Took my Zed out for it's longest run in my ownership. Down to the South Coast to visit friends and family for the first time since March, and to show off the Zed!
190 miles of faultless cool as fook performance. Some motorway 70mph cruising plus some good thrashing along country roads. Averaged 27mpg which is very acceptable.

Also popped in for a close look at this.
20200712_105226.jpg 20200712_105154.jpg 20200712_105139.jpg
Belongs to the owner of the Nissan dealership. His 240Z was in the workshop for an overhaul as well. No pics of that as it's not on public display.
Both cars are very, very nice.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Cool!

Took my Zed out for it's longest run in my ownership. Down to the South Coast to visit friends and family for the first time since March, and to show off the Zed!
190 miles of faultless cool as fook performance. Some motorway 70mph cruising plus some good thrashing along country roads. Averaged 27mpg which is very acceptable.

Also popped in for a close look at this.
View attachment 39979 View attachment 39980 View attachment 39981
Belongs to the owner of the Nissan dealership. His 240Z was in the workshop for an overhaul as well. No pics of that as it's not on public display.
Both cars are very, very nice.

That's an ex Z Farm built car - pretending to be a 'works' car. Looks good and it has seen some action on the Safari Classic - tough event.

https://www.coys.co.uk/cars/datsun-240z-east-african-rally-car

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
Socially distanced meet with pals and a wee drive over the ski roads. Haven’t seen my car since Christmas time!!!

In love all over again.
fde9ae90420d4fd9410c73c30d19ee26.jpg

8d067d41821d3e125254618cb5e58283.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
Damm, hit send too early. New pads and braided lines all round notably better now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ben240z

Club Member
Got the mgf electric power steering unit mounted into the pedal box/steering column. Just got to finish the connection to the coupler in the engine bay later this week and then wire up the controller so that the amount of assistance can be dialled out completely or added for paddock manoeuvring.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Got the mgf electric power steering unit mounted into the pedal box/steering column. Just got to finish the connection to the coupler in the engine bay later this week and then wire up the controller so that the amount of assistance can be dialled out completely or added for paddock manoeuvring.
I’d be really interested to see pics of that, I’ve played around with the Corsa one but never got it to a state I was happy with. Are u going with a sleeve around the shaft onto the bulkhead? The pedal box didn’t look to be capable of counteracting the motor torque.

ben240z

Club Member
I’d be really interested to see pics of that, I’ve played around with the Corsa one but never got it to a state I was happy with. Are u going with a sleeve around the shaft onto the bulkhead? The pedal box didn’t look to be capable of counteracting the motor torque.
It is not a standard pedal box. It was built to accommodate twin brake master cylinders and the pedals can be moved away from the bulkhead. I have probably got to add some bracing in for the counter torque but will see what it is like.
The mgf mounting was very flimsy so maybe there will not be much to contend with.

Also I have a fair bit of space as there is no dash/heater pipes/wiring loom etc getting in the way.

The mgf setup looked more compact and adaptable than the corsa which is why I ended up using the mgf one.

Having said that it has involved machining various bits to make the actual column as I am only using the mgf motor

Turn & Burn

Club Member
It is not a standard pedal box. It was built to accommodate twin brake master cylinders and the pedals can be moved away from the bulkhead. I have probably got to add some bracing in for the counter torque but will see what it is like.
The mgf mounting was very flimsy so maybe there will not be much to contend with.

Also I have a fair bit of space as there is no dash/heater pipes/wiring loom etc getting in the way.

The mgf setup looked more compact and adaptable than the corsa which is why I ended up using the mgf one.

Having said that it has involved machining various bits to make the actual column as I am only using the mgf motor
Good effort, again I’d be interested to know how it feels when it’s done.
The Corsa ones seem a bit over assisted and generally lack self centre from what I’ve read. I’ve never tried one though so only have the internet for info.
I got half way thro a Corsa conversion and it all started to get a bit involved and tight for space.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
In the last week or so, I've discovered Megalogviewer's Histogram/Table generator which allows me to view the logs of as long a drive as I fancy in a nice little table that shows the average delta between AFR and target AFR in my VE table of the session - it's a very handy short cut to which cells I need to change after each session. when I get to 0 in every cell, I'm done.
I'm sure not everyone will be interested, but it does go to show how good the tools are for tuning EFI on the road.

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 13.55.16.png

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
In the last week or so, I've discovered Megalogviewer's Histogram/Table generator which allows me to view the logs of as long a drive as I fancy in a nice little table that shows the average delta between AFR and target AFR in my VE table of the session - it's a very handy short cut to which cells I need to change after each session. when I get to 0 in every cell, I'm done.
I'm sure not everyone will be interested, but it does go to show how good the tools are for tuning EFI on the road.

View attachment 39998

Clear as mud Jon.