chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Not a Z
Not even a Datsun sports car
But perhaps one for the family man or more mature driver
Definitely one for the discerning Datsun enthusiast/collector
Unbelievable original condition
58k miles from new by one previous owner in South Africa
Original paint, never welded, rust free, unmolested....
MOT with no advisories, now tax exempt
1980 Datsun Laurel 280 / C230

I brought this in from South Africa last year as I couldn't pass up on the opportunity to import such a worthy example. I hoped to do a few shows this year but alas that was not be for reasons we all know, so it is now up for sale to generate funds for the restoration of an imported South African 240Z which has run over budget!

With the exception of Preet, probably not the right audience on here but you never know, some of you who just like old classic Datsun cars may appreciate the 'Big Daddy' stablemate.

£ 7,650 is the asking price (or about 1/8 price it would be if it was an S30Z in this condition)

fullsizeoutput_e9c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_e79.jpeg fullsizeoutput_e9d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_e88.jpeg

richiep

Club Member
I’ll vouch for this too, being very familiar with it - it’s in outstanding condition. Would be a cool cruiser. It’s super comfortable too! Difficult to believe it’s 40 years old.

datsfun

Club Member
Thats a beauty given that's its all original. And well priced too.

Good luck with the sale, I hope it goes to a home where it will be pampered for next 40 years !!

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Not Nissan South Africa's marketing departments' best effort for sure but nice to see the original dealer sticker still in place.

IMG_4186.JPG

Bazzateer

Club Member
Wish I had the space for it. Just hope the new owner doesn't put nasty modern alloys on with stretched low profile tyres and slam it :(

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I like it just for what it is - a rare, old school, simple limo in great condition.

Are those cycle reflectors on the front?