Skiddell/Pmac Airbox

Turn & Burn

Club Member
When some of you fit these boxes make sure there is enough room between the box and battery as if you’ve got the deeper manifold you might struggle to get it on,ive got the much shallower manifold and even with this I have to take the box off to get the battery out,I’m running Jenvies so not sure on depth compared with carbs.
Just saying
This is my concern with the deep box, I think I need to get everything assembled and check space before I commit.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
When some of you fit these boxes make sure there is enough room between the box and battery as if you’ve got the deeper manifold you might struggle to get it on,ive got the much shallower manifold and even with this I have to take the box off to get the battery out,I’m running Jenvies so not sure on depth compared with carbs.
Just saying

How often do you take your battery off - do you power your guitar with it at outside gigs?

richiep

Club Member
The clearance issue occurs when you use a Cannon brand manifold. Those have inlet runners that are an inch longer than most other manifold variants. The airbox simply won’t fit due to the shock tower in that situation. Most other manifolds, such as Kameari/Harada Shoukai, Mangoletsi, TWM, FET, SK, etc., are fine. I have the Haradas for both my Zs. Airbox fits fine in the red one. Clears the battery fine too in the red Z.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
you'd have to become a member.

Dear Pot, I’d like to introduce you to Mr Kettle [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

(Yes it’s a joke, no Frankys were harmed during the production)

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
:D

I'm well aware Mr K :) Thought it'd be good to make note for anyone reading!

I like the leading by example! [emoji106][emoji106]

Wow!! This is one of those rare moments that you are right!!! (You are married after all!)

0d16301b89c265d05c6543460c22c315.jpg

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
Is there a list anywhere beyond this thread?

I will have one, happy to support the club and any donations towards running or organising or some fitting contribution linked to Mikes efforts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Is there a list anywhere beyond this thread?

I will have one, happy to support the club and any donations towards running or organising or some fitting contribution linked to Mikes efforts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think this is all there is for now. we need to confirm with the manufacturer and then we'll be able to sort the orders.

johnymd

Club Member
Just an update.

I when to the fiberglassers yesterday to assess the quantity and quality of all the molds but also to make contact in person and get a feel as to whether they wanted to continue making parts for the club. There are lots of molds there (50) but a lot will be in poor condition and haven't been used for years. The company are happy to continue to make the parts for the club and I am happy to be a point of contact for that. I have made arrangements to go back there next week and spend a day trying to sort through all the molds and identify/label them. They are nearly all stored outside in a stinging nettle field and most haven't moved for 20 years. I have asked for a price to make 10 airboxes and will report back when I have this. Then members will have the option to order these via myself. These will be sold by the club at cost price.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Just an update.

I when to the fiberglassers yesterday to assess the quantity and quality of all the molds but also to make contact in person and get a feel as to whether they wanted to continue making parts for the club. There are lots of molds there (50) but a lot will be in poor condition and haven't been used for years. The company are happy to continue to make the parts for the club and I am happy to be a point of contact for that. I have made arrangements to go back there next week and spend a day trying to sort through all the molds and identify/label them. They are nearly all stored outside in a stinging nettle field and most haven't moved for 20 years. I have asked for a price to make 10 airboxes and will report back when I have this. Then members will have the option to order these via myself. These will be sold by the club at cost price.
Thanks for doing this John.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes, thank you John. It would be interesting to know what you consider worth saving and if they should be stored better. I would imagine some are quite big - my concern is that if we store these off site they are going to need transporting for each 'run' or even single sales.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Just an update.

You’re a good man John! Thanks for taking this on for the benefit of our members.

I hope you don’t mind but to help out, I did a quick run up the thread and can find the following interested parties - I counted 12. If I’ve missed anyone or if anyone else wants one, speak now or forever hold Franky’s piece:

RichieP
AliK
MaximG
Toopy
Peter_S
IbanezDan51
Pondo
Seikoking
S30_NUT
Dale
Istoo
Mr Ex Jnr