Parts clear out - breaking 240z 260z 280z 280zx

ZAndy

Club Member
Most welcome Andy - getting the gland nut off is being an absolute beast of a job - so I may have been optimistic in my time estimates - as usual ;)

Will let you know soon as I have them out and apart.

Ha. No worries at all. I've just driven my Z on a yard at the garage it's at, and things are looking promising. I'm not desperate for struts but if they're in good condition I'll gladly take them.

ZAndy

Club Member
Hi Mark,

Do you have any battery tray parts? Mines just resting on the metal shelf at the moment.

Cheers
Andy

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Ha. No worries at all. I've just driven my Z on a yard at the garage it's at, and things are looking promising. I'm not desperate for struts but if they're in good condition I'll gladly take them.

So Andy, I have the front off and I have 1 good and 1 bad. The rear will likely be next week sometime at the current pace.

Which ones do you think you need?

ZAndy

Club Member
So Andy, I have the front off and I have 1 good and 1 bad. The rear will likely be next week sometime at the current pace.

Which ones do you think you need?

Ok cool. I drove it for now than 10 metres for the first time yesterday. It was only round a yard though so not sure how good or bad each corner is. I'll speak to the garage this week and ask what they think. See if they can tell if any are shot.

I'm guessing the left and rights are interchangeable? So if I have one bad front, your good front would fit either side?

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Ok cool. I drove it for now than 10 metres for the first time yesterday. It was only round a yard though so not sure how good or bad each corner is. I'll speak to the garage this week and ask what they think. See if they can tell if any are shot.

I'm guessing the left and rights are interchangeable? So if I have one bad front, your good front would fit either side?

Yes - the shock absorbers fit either side.

S30_Nut

Club Member
Hi Mark,

Do you have a throttle linkage rod that goes through the firewall and attaches to the pedal assembly. It has one adjustable end to it.

Cheers,
James.

Tony Mc

Club Member
Hi mate, would you (or anyone reading this) have one of these door handle linky bar wotsits?
My paint shop managed to snap my left hand door linkage and crudely welded it back together which lasted 3 days!
I cleaned it up hoping it would just need a threaded coupler, but on closer inspection it looks like it was welded initially.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20200802_194216.jpg
    20200802_194216.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200802_193759.jpg
    20200802_193759.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 20

Minksport

Club Member
Hi mate, would you (or anyone reading this) have one of these door handle linky bar wotsits?
My paint shop managed to snap my left hand door linkage and crudely welded it back together which lasted 3 days!
I cleaned it up hoping it would just need a threaded coupler, but on closer inspection it looks like it was welded initially.
Thanks
Hi, yes, I have lots of door internals, do you have a pic of the complete item as there are different lengths on different models.
Cheers, Mark.

Tony Mc

Club Member
Hi, yes, I have lots of door internals, do you have a pic of the complete item as there are different lengths on different models.
Cheers, Mark.
Hi Mark, car is a 1973 US import and the part is for the drivers side.
I need a part where the 1st and 2nd photos are complete as in the 3rd photo, please.
The goldy coloured tube connected to the threaded rod in pic 3
Cheers
Tony

Attachments

• 20200725_131657.jpg
    20200725_131657.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200802_193759.jpg
    20200802_193759.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200802_194216.jpg
    20200802_194216.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 20

Minksport

Club Member
Hi Mark, car is a 1973 US import and the part is for the drivers side.
I need a part where the 1st and 2nd photos are complete as in the 3rd photo, please.
The goldy coloured tube connected to the threaded rod in pic 3
Cheers
Tony
OK, will get some pics tomorrow. Cheers, Mark.

ALN

Club Member
Hi Mark,

Would you happen to have a set of windscreen washer nozzles left?

Thanks,

Lionel