Pirelli CN36

No but I did look into them.

have you looked at the Michelin sport classic? Seemed to get the best reviews, very sticky, classic profiles etc.

Schuder

Club Member
Hi mate,

Yes I looked into various brands however I have gone with these after looking at at which vehicles tend to fit them, the age era of the cars they were designed for and on the additional advice of they guys down at Longstone. I’ve not had them fitted yet and the car isn’t on the road so I can’t say how they are but I certainly hope they are worth the money.

Cheers Franky

Hi mate,

Yes I looked into various brands however I have gone with these after looking at at which vehicles tend to fit them, the age era of the cars they were designed for and on the additional advice of they guys down at Longstone. I’ve not had them fitted yet and the car isn’t on the road so I can’t say how they are but I certainly hope they are worth the money.

Cheers Franky

did you look at these?

https://www.yokohama.co.uk/Tyres/Car-Tyres/Classic-Car-Tyre/(product)/A008

thats where my money goes next time.

clandon

Active Forum User
Can't go wrong with Michelin. I'm planning to order them from 4wheelonline on my next tyre change.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
No but I did look into them.

have you looked at the Michelin sport classic? Seemed to get the best reviews, very sticky, classic profiles etc.

You’ll have to buy them again when the time comes to drive the car. They would be suffering with rubber degradation and will be solid by the time you get your car on the road [emoji13]!

Last edited:

peter_s

Club Member
I have actuallt fitted the Centurato to my fathers two classic cars. Both from the 50s.

They are an excellent tyre. Both cars ride really well and you can feel that the suspension is designed around side walls like they have. He is over the moon that a tire could make such a difference ( he is normally oblivious to tyres).

I've never had any luck with modern tyre side walls on classic cars. If my 280Z suspension was stock, I would go for the Pirellis

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
Very interested to hear what size rims and tyres you would be running with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have actuallt fitted the Centurato to my fathers two classic cars. Both from the 50s.

They are an excellent tyre. Both cars ride really well and you can feel that the suspension is designed around side walls like they have. He is over the moon that a tire could make such a difference ( he is normally oblivious to tyres).

I've never had any luck with modern tyre side walls on classic cars. If my 280Z suspension was stock, I would go for the Pirellis

I think thats why its important to get the correct tyres. I went for these

https://classic.michelin.com/en/Classic-Tyre-range/MXV3-A

Based on amazing reviews, modern compounds and classic looks. very soft sidewalls on them!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member

How are the tyre walls different to a modern tyre? Are they harder / softer etc?