SOLD: 1972 Cali 240Z LHD Roller £1900 (Price reduction)

SacCyclone

Club Member
The story:

Previous owner in northern California stripped this zed to the shell and began a year long restoration of the suspension and late model engine / transmission upgrade. During the summer of 2018 most of the suspension had been blasted and powder coated, engine rebuild completed etc. This Zed shell was outside of a restoration shop and all of the completed parts were inside. Unfortunately, a very large forrest fire ( called the Carr Fire) swept through Northern California during the summer of 2018 and leveled the restoration shop. All that was left of this project was this shell sitting in the parking lot. The shell sustained some paint bubbling around both rear quarters but the rear end, roof, and front end were spared.
The shell was transported back to the owners home where it sat until I purchased it a few months ago.

I transported the shell to my shop and gave it a good once over and decided that it was still in too nice of condition to cut up. Since we have a large collection of spares, we began to replace most exterior panels and suspension to get the shell rolling. Both rear quarters were taken back to metal to determine if the metal was rusted or warped and found that it was in surprisingly good condition. The spare tire well had been cut out, probably for a fuel cell install, but I have included another spare tire well for replacement should you choose to use it. The transmission tunnel had been cut for a late model V-8 conversion is my guess but I have included a series 1 transmission tunnel replacement.

This Zed will need to be completely gone through, suspension, brakes, bodywork, and of course a complete drive train. It will need lots of additional parts as well including fuel lines, electrical wiring harness, cooling system etc. The dash and gauges that are included have not been tested and the dash has been only temporarily installed.

I photographed the Zed during it's journey and am providing a link with hundreds of pics of the time it has been with me.

https://imgur.com/a/i6itKAL

Clear California title in my name.

For those looking to do a resto-mod and IJZ, 2JZ or RB swap ,I think this would be a good candidate and of course it would be a great start to a track day car.

Feel free to PM me with any additional questions.

I have additional parts, PM me to discuss.

Cheers, Mike

9JXmzqJ.jpg

Hh5GQg7.jpg

XAdyTa2.jpg

gMXNdUq.jpg

REcj54I.jpg
4Pax7K7.jpg

b40y4A0.jpg

SacCyclone

Club Member
The £1900 price is for stock sheet metal only and does not include the wide body kit shown in some of the pictures in the link provided.
Mike

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Brilliant news!!! Local or coming over the pond?

That is such a great project for someone! [emoji106]