Street Bandito build

Robbie J

Club Member
The title should give you the idea of what they are doing

better than watching the news about castle visits

richiep

Club Member
Those wheels and the stance are comically hideous. Just way OTT. As for K20 in a Z - great engine (I have an EP3)... but no.

There’s other Z builds on YouTube that are definitely less irritating!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm not as irritated by it as you Rich. I must admit I do like the side impact protection that the Yanks go for.

Dan has been saved by side impact bars and I once spun my Z at Castle Combe (selected 2nd instead of 4th on the 'Avon Rise') and ended up sideway to the pack of cars behind me. My youngest David was on the side that they would have hit. I can actually remember thinking that my full cage and side bars would help! Fortunately they all missed me.

The engine position in that Z has got to be great too.

LiamR

Club Member
Those wheels and the stance are comically hideous. Just way OTT. As for K20 in a Z - great engine (I have an EP3)... but no.

There’s other Z builds on YouTube that are definitely less irritating!

It's an s2000 engine.. so an F20! Completely different engine dude. Although that looks like an ap2 engine so might be an F22.

My s2000 turbo made 554hp on a stock internal JDM F20 and was crazy fast, so god only knows what that will be like once it's up and running!

richiep

Club Member
Doh! Schooled! For some reason I thought they used a K20 variant. :ack:

I’m sure it will be monstrous. Still looks like hell!

Personally, I really don’t like extreme restomods. They ruin too much of the original car, and often result in something approaching a cartoonish caricature. All IMO.

AD240Z

Club Member
My s2000 was an early car and loved it . Weird feeling getting from a diesel pick up into a car that works best at such high revs.

I’d have kept it if I had room

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
I have been watching this guy for the last couple of years building this project and I have found it thoroughly interesting. He has transformed it in to a completely carbon fibre shell. Some people might not like the look of the car, but it is built for one purpose only - he is using it for entering time attack racing and in a certain class, and that it why he has fitted a Honda engine. I very much doubt that it will be used on the road, as the sole purpose for this car was for this competition.

He is actually making parts for sale for the body of these cars, which is a lot cheaper than anyone else is supplying and of better quality as well. Anyone looking to do a wide body, he does a full kit with a wide front spoiler.

bigh

Club Member
I have been watching this guy for the last couple of years building this project and I have found it thoroughly interesting. He has transformed it in to a completely carbon fibre shell. Some people might not like the look of the car, but it is built for one purpose only - he is using it for entering time attack racing and in a certain class, and that it why he has fitted a Honda engine. I very much doubt that it will be used on the road, as the sole purpose for this car was for this competition.

He is actually making parts for sale for the body of these cars, which is a lot cheaper than anyone else is supplying and of better quality as well. Anyone looking to do a wide body, he does a full kit with a wide front spoiler.

Do you happen to have a link to his store?