LHD compatible exhaust for '74 260Z

ZAndy

Club Member
Ha. The one it came with had all holes in various bits. That was put on to give it something. I never thought it was a great exhaust but didn't realise it was that bad.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
I have a plan.

Attachments

• pujitsubo 3.JPG
    pujitsubo 3.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 20
  • pujitsubo exhaust.PNG
    pujitsubo exhaust.PNG
    335.3 KB · Views: 17

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Now take that to your local exhaust place, with a manifold, order 10 at £600 each and lifes a winner.
As you know you'd you be shunted out of your local exhaust place sharpish. However if you've got a tame tig welder and and a decent source for hygenic tube and no one's trying to make a million it's a decent project. Careful now. Probs a bit more than £600

Last edited:
As you know you'd you be shunted out of your local exhaust place sharpish. However if you've got a tame tig welder and and a decent source for hygenic tube and no one's trying to make a million it's a decent project. Careful now. Probs a bit more than £600

I know a place where you’d pay that if you had 10. In the uk also. Once jigged and Cnc bent they’re quick to make

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Since there has been such interest.
I know a place where you’d pay that if you had 10. In the uk also. Once jigged and Cnc bent they’re quick to make
I only need one, no idea what the precise dimensions are, I'm p..ing with the ...k I've got. If I had a f@ck off bending machine I'd be churning them out by the millions, well I wouldn't but you get my point.

Attachments

• exhaust.PNG
    exhaust.PNG
    839.8 KB · Views: 12

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Misread your post a bit. You could get 2" 304 stainless bent to roughly that design for £60 a pop for 10?
What do you need CAD wise for a prototype piece min order?

Since there has been such interest.

I only need one, no idea what the precise dimensions are, I'm p..ing with the ...k I've got. If I had a f@ck off bending machine I'd be churning them out by the millions, well I wouldn't but you get my point.

I've got an one hanging in my garage.

In the UK you'd be looking at about £600 for a batch. Stick the drawing on Alibaba and I bet you'd half that, based on what you can buy complex systems for on there.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
I've got an one hanging in my garage.

In the UK you'd be looking at about £600 for a batch. Stick the drawing on Alibaba and I bet you'd half that, based on what you can buy complex systems for on there.
Yeah, I'm past the stage of looking to make my millions. Had a bit of fun before on there, doing stuff on alibaba but being a bit of a commie isn't a great for attitude making money.
leatherseats002.jpg

Seem to recall a story about an employed design engineer that would just punt his stuff on to alibaba and then forward it on as his own.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Search on here is really awkward. I'll keep trying to find the pic I posted of the twin exit vertical exhaust my welder made, if anyone cares to have a look and post it, thanks. I am very, very....dr

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Well, there you are - job done, thanks Pete.
Rubbish photo . But for anyone interested.

Attached Files:
Pete, Feb 20, 2019 Report
#7 Reply

SeanDezart
Z Club Member
Official Trader
Thanks Pete, so Fujitsubo and not Trust, hence my confusion.

The rear fixing bracket on the first computer image is higher than on the pdf spec sheet.

The entry and exit pipes are quite long, mine has a 90mm entry length compared here to 150 and my exit pipes are shorter with the longest being 190 compared here to 240.

The box dimensions appear to be the same, 380mm in length and 150mm in diameter.

My entry pipe is 63mm compared here to 50, the exits are the same at 2x50mm for each silencer.

You appear to have answered previously thanks. I shall have a look again when i CAN FOCUS.

ZAndy

Club Member
Yep, can see those !

Thoughts....how long is the exhaust expansion box - no entry and exit pipe - just the box ? Mine is 380mm long. Maybe you do have enough room to put on an adaptor pipe.

Otherwise, what are the options at the front of the exhaust line - supposing you fitted my line - how would the liason be to your exhaust manifold ?

Hi Sean, I measured the back box at 38cm long. Now I've heard the car running on 6 cylinders again the exhaust sounds fine, just looks awful. I'll probably hold out a bit longer on am exhaust while money goes on a few other things.