Newbie, with a new car (nearly)

toon_herit

Club Member
Hi, new member and awaiting collection of ‘new’ car, so nearly...

I’ve had a few interesting Nissans but this will be my first classic Z.

had 2x Nissan Laurels, 300ZX TT, 350Z, 370z, and currently a 2009 R35 GT-R. The GT-R will likely go though to make room and pay for the new 260Z.

Will update with more details once I’ve taken delivery, just in case I jinx it...

Cheers.

toon_herit

Club Member
Ooh, you tease!
Ha ha, not my intention but really excited. Being collected next week so there’s still a small chance something could go wrong. Been looking for a UK RHD 240z/260z for a while and this seemed to tick all the boxes and you’ve just got to bite the bullet when the right one comes up.

Robbie J

Club Member
Hi, new member and awaiting collection of ‘new’ car, so nearly...

I’ve had a few interesting Nissans but this will be my first classic Z.

had 2x Nissan Laurels, 300ZX TT, 350Z, 370z, and currently a 2009 R35 GT-R. The GT-R will likely go though to make room and pay for the new 260Z.

Will update with more details once I’ve taken delivery, just in case I jinx it...

Cheers.
I had 2008 R35 GTR where you on the GTR.co.uk forum?

toon_herit

Club Member
I had 2008 R35 GTR where you on the GTR.co.uk forum?
Not really posted on the R35 to be honest. Had it about 3 years but used as a daily driver and was on my bucket list, but scratched that itch now. Been in storage for 8 months and not missed it, so decided I’d moved on and wanted a classic Z.

My passion for the last 35 years (between daily driver Nissans - and 5 years with a GT86) has been Triumph TR7’s (and TR’s in general), but working my way to a classic Datsun.

Dale

Club Member
I’m in the NECPWA club, is there a better one for the Z ?

For the Zed I’d say here. I have never seen an S30 at a local show although last year a family member saw one at a Blyth show ironically. I would have gone along this year to see if I could find it but alas, can’t.

toon_herit

Club Member
Car being collected today and heading up the A1 to Nottinghamshire where their garage is located. It will be getting a full body detailing and interior valet and a new set of tyres and lengthy test.

Then hopefully in the next couple of weeks I’ll be able to get it home in Northumberland and able to enjoy it...

status

Well-Known Forum User
Yes they did and one of a few on a V plate, year of manufacture is prob 78 like mine but registered March 79 also seen a 280zx on a T plate,Late 260z 2 seater is suppose to be the rarest of the 240 /260 s but I think the 2+2 might have replaced that now.