Japfest Donington - 18th July 2020

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Hi All,

Another date for your calendars, at the moment this one is still going forward.

Last year was a great turnout and a really chilled show for everyone who attended. Full details of last years show can be found in the link below:

https://zclub.net/japfest-donington-2019/

For those interested there's also track time available which can be selected when you book your tickets. Please follow the link below and selected 'Book Club Tickets' before selecting the Zclub from the drop down selection. The password this year can be found here in the members section.

https://www.fastcar.co.uk/japfest-donington/

It would be really good to see the club well represented again. Get your names down now and I'll start updating the list.

Mark

1. Richiep
  2. Farmer42
  3. Bazzateer
  4. Huw

Last edited:

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Nice one chaps, keep them coming.

For anyone concerned this is the official position given by the organisers given the current global pandemic, which you will see on their website:

'Kelsey Media, organisers of Japfest Donington, has no plans to cancel or defer the event at this time.'

richiep

Club Member
The key qualifying words being “at this time”...

Japfest stands a better chance of going ahead, given its summer slot.

Frankly, I think the Donington Historic at the beginning of May is toast though. It’s just a matter of time till the cancellation.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
have my doubts about it too
Had a message from them about a week ago saying if it is cancelled they will reissue tickets for re allocated date and if you could not make that date they will refund monies
Not booking CrossRoads room yet for this reason

richiep

Club Member
Not Japfest Donington, but just seen the announcement via Facebook that Japfest Silverstone has been postponed. Kelsey Media are in talks with Silverstone about rescheduling later in the year, but no further details. Japfest Silverstone takes place the same weekend as Donington Historic...

Personally, I doubt there will be any events before August at the very earliest. Even if the curve gets flattened, there’s no way this will be contained before mid-summer to a point where large scale events will be supported.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
A shame but not surprising sadly, bring on 2021 and all the events that it'll hopefully bring I say!

Thanks for adding the official update.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
received notification that my pass etc for the Donnington Historic Also in May transferred from 2020 ready to print but not going to print till nearer the time as not sure if I will be going as it is only a 2 day event this year and may just claim monies back

Last edited: