What are these thingies??

peter_s

Club Member
Can't find any info in either my Haynes my owners workshop manual.

They are in the way for my strut bracing, what to the do.

I'm basically asking if I really have to make a new bracket or if I can snip them off...

jmnWsQC.jpg

Huw

Club Member
That a US car you got there? If so I reckon it’s part of the emissions system. Which if you’ve still got all that on the engine, could probably be junked.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
That a US car you got there? If so I reckon it’s part of the emissions system. Which if you’ve still got all that on the engine, could probably be junked.
I thought they might be emissions control but I couldn’t find out what part of it, interesting!

peter_s

Club Member
Thank you all for the replies.

I had to run out to the garage and have a look. The photo is not from my car, but it looks identical there.

It's definitely some kind of emissions control. And yes, it's an US car.

It's not connected to the fusable links, but the hoses goes down to the white cylindrical plastic tank:

27871900021_large.jpg

Although that is mounted below the relays or whatever they are on my car.

My guess is that they are some kind of switches for the emission controls.

Mark N

Club Member
They are for the factory air-con system, the hoses go to the vacuum tank, plenum and through the bulk head to the controls.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
They are the magnet valves for the aircon. They connect to the vacuum tank. One of them is for the F.I.C.D and one is for vacuum source.

peter_s

Club Member
They are the magnet valves for the aircon. They connect to the vacuum tank. One of them is for the F.I.C.D and one is for vacuum source.
Beautiful!

Thank you!! Explains why I couldn't find anything about them. No section covers the A/C system in any of my books.

So bracket making it is!

Last edited: