Unusual cars you’d like to own....

I’ve had a massive hankering for around 10 years for a dare ginetta g4(with roof). Super rare, super small, super unknown.

what’s the ‘unusual’ mistress you’d like in your garage?

Bazzateer

Club Member
Not exactly unusual but before I got the Z I was looking for a Chevette HS in standard road trim. Good ones are in the mid to high £20s now so out of my reach (I could sell everything else and get one but where's the fun in that?).1bc362fa6321125ec1e7360d5777bb-55c95b0fd7167.jpg

uk66fastback

Club Member
I've always wanted a Buick Riviera ... but never quite had the cajonies to buy one ... will never own one now - I just like the idea of owning it. Could be one of the boat-tail ones or the earlier ones - they just look superb from the front or back I think. No idea what they ride like - like a liner no doubt - but it's just the road presence.

Failing that, some fibreglass Ford special from the 1950s conceived on a beer mat or the back of a fag packet. Take your old Ford, rip the cycle wings off it - and install one of these here new fangled plastic bodies and it becomes a sportscar overnight. I just like the whole concept.

Failing that, an R107 Merc ala Bobby Ewing in Dallas, but that's hardly an unusual car, just a good one.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Probably a Subaru 360 van - no idea how I'd fit in it though!

Petrolicious-Subaru-360-film-gallery-6-1000x563.jpg

Reactions: Huw

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Lancia Aurelia B20 GT Outlaw

050_aurelia_outlaw.jpg

Mark N

Club Member
I've fancied one of these for some time now.
VW SP2, designed and built in Brazil (SP stands for São Paulo)

VW SP2.jpeg

They are supposed to be pretty gutless though, the Brazilian nickname is Sem Potência (without power).
Nothing a Scooby swap wouldn't fix.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Buick Riviera -boat-tail from 1973

EWVbnnfL.png

Earlier one - 1963

FcVyqLfv.png

Ford Special - in this case an Ashley ...

bnhufVfa.png

Merc R107 - a mate has a 450SL and loves it.

r6JiAoow.png

Reactions: Huw

Bazzateer

Club Member
Prefer the earlier Buick but there's something appealing about that first pic that I can't quite put my finger on ...............

yellowz

Club Member
I am so far behind you guys.

I'm somewhere about here if I win the lottery................

upload_2020-5-9_12-0-11.png

And here some time after the end of lockdown

upload_2020-5-9_12-1-1.png

Not thinking past there really :)

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Mine would be an 1ltr Austin metro and a rover metro with a 1.8 vvc engine conversion.

Living the dream.............. Almost as Lancia delta Intergrale or metro 6r4 would be preferred.

Attachments

• IMG_20200413_164145.jpg
    IMG_20200413_164145.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200406_093051.jpg
    IMG_20200406_093051.jpg
    632.5 KB · Views: 16

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Mine would be an 1ltr Austin metro and a rover metro with a 1.8 vvc engine conversion.

Living the dream.............. Almost as Lancia delta Intergrale or metro 6r4 would be preferred.

Never thought anyone would desire after a Metro! However Patrick Watts pedals one along quite quickly

download.jpg .

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Lol, well it was unusual cars. Would never had brought the 1.8vvc metro until my mate took me for a spin in it.