Garage envy

racer

Club Member
Hi Matt, that is David. Yes you are right - life is too short to stay at home. When all this is over I'm going to get to Le mans, Spa or the 'ring. I have two cars that are more than capable.

We need to meet up again abroad - happy days!

I'll look forward to that Rob

Rushingphil

Club Member
Utmost respect and admiration (if not some disbelief ! ) in how you guys can work in such small garages!

Mine is 35' x 14' and I still struggle with space! Probably because I keep filling it up with tools :rolleyes:

Regarding track days abroad - my youngest would like 'me' to try and get his ( my old) track car back running again with the intention of taking it to the 'ring' and Spa again later this year. It's a 300+ bhp mx5 and it's been languishing in the back of my garage for too long!!!!!

This lockdown makes the decision even more clearer :thumbs:

Bazzateer

Club Member
My garage is 30x20 so a really nice size. Currently full of a Singer Vogue, Singer Chamois, 260Z racks of spares and various tools. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Some nice spaces on here ... luckily my single is a decent size - we knocked down the original tiny one and built this one 20 years ago. I have more than enough space for one car - but I have a lot of stuff in it besides the Z. The full width bench behind the car I built 3-4 years ago after running out of flat room on which to do stuff. It's great and I've thrown a lot of stuff out and tided up during this lockdown after fitting a new door and window - both of which need a bit of fettling still - both ebay purchases, luckily, to replace the old ones.

I think I've more or less got it as I want it now - by the Peter Sellers pic is one of the seats I am redoing - you need space to do stuff like that. I have an L-series engine under the bench as well. Above the car in eaves is accessible with an extendable ladder and I have stuff up there I haven't see for years! (Needs chucking out, most of it). If I didn't have this as a place to go to at times, I'd go mad I think!

x8oRGL7F.jpg

V4JsfpUh.jpg

eZFRedcb.jpg

BLEeXLrx.jpg

YD479Etr.jpg

tyroguru

Club Member
Oh, also, I have occasional use of the dining room too...

I am in awe of you guys who have convinced your better half's to allow you to bring car parts into the house! I get it - I'm totally beaten down and under the thumb and after 29 years of marriage I'm well trained - she would kill me if anything comes into the house.

I know, I know, I need to get a spine but she took that from me a long time ago EXTRA:D .

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I am in awe of you guys who have convinced your better half's to allow you to bring car parts into the house! I get it - I'm totally beaten down and under the thumb and after 29 years of marriage I'm well trained - she would kill me if anything comes into the house.

I know, I know, I need to get a spine but she took that from me a long time ago EXTRA:D .

Yep, no Datsun bits in our house - or anywhere except the garage.

Paul_S

Club Member

Yep, no Datsun bits in our house - or anywhere except the garage.

I am very lucky in that respect. But it is an occasional thing. And restricted to 'clean' bits!

peter_s

Club Member
Hi Matt, that is David. Yes you are right - life is too short to stay at home. When all this is over I'm going to get to Le mans, Spa or the 'ring. I have two cars that are more than capable.

We need to meet up again abroad - happy days!
That sounds like fun! I'm always up for a trip to the ring.

I have a training course booked in August, but I don't think that's going to happen this year...

Bazzateer

Club Member
This is my little piece of heaven. Bought the house 10 years ago because it had space for this. Took another 4 years before I could build it. Six years later the roof leaks so that's a project for the summer. The Singer Vogue will be sold soon, that will probably pay for the roof!
20200508_111003.jpg 20200508_111028.jpg 20200508_111046.jpg 20200508_111109.jpg 20200508_111119.jpg 20200508_111130.jpg

15889338452401032293271.jpg

uk66fastback

Club Member
What a great space! The hubby of one of my other half's friends has an illuminated S I N G E R sign hanging in his garden! We always rib him it's the sewing machine company ... it's all wired up and everything ...

As a former Hillman Hunter owner (LDO 585g) - I liked their products ... will the Vogue be another ebay sale? If so, I shall look out for it ...

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
What a great space! The hubby of one of my other half's friends has an illuminated S I N G E R sign hanging in his garden! We always rib him it's the sewing machine company ... it's all wired up and everything ...

As a former Hillman Hunter owner (LDO 585g) - I liked their products ... will the Vogue be another ebay sale? If so, I shall look out for it ...

Is he a Singer fan - my cousin is a huge Singer fan? This is his car - any pics of the sign for himPhoto-0061.jpg ?

Paul_S

Club Member
As a kid, my parents owned a Singer Bantam. I remember many a great meet with the Singer Owners Club.