How wide is a 240z?

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
My car is in storage 70 miles away whilst I moved house in end of jan, then COVID19 means I can’t get to it at all.

garage I want to put it in is narrow. 2200mm, will that Datsun fit in? more importantly can I get out without getting out the boot!

Can anyone tell me how wide a 240z is from widest points (wing mirror to wing mirror) and how much I would need to get out!

Manuals tell me it’s 1626mm, but is that wheelbase? Bodywork? Wing mirrors?

So two questions?
1- How wide is a 240z wing mirror to wing mirror

2- And/or anyone with a 2200mm (86 1/2in) wide garage manage to drive in and get out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WazzaJB

Club Member
I have a small slither in front of my drive that's about 1600mm and my Z only slightly over hangs. At the time I measured my 280Z out at about 1650mm excluding mirror (which protrudes only a little more). Can't imagine you would struggle to get it in a 2.2m garage.

My car is in storage 70 miles away whilst I moved house in end of jan, then COVID19 means I can’t get to it at all.

garage I want to put it in is narrow. 2200mm, will that Datsun fit in? more importantly can I get out without getting out the boot!

Can anyone tell me how wide a 240z is from widest points (wing mirror to wing mirror) and how much I would need to get out!

Manuals tell me it’s 1626mm, but is that wheelbase? Bodywork? Wing mirrors?

So two questions?
1- How wide is a 240z wing mirror to wing mirror

2- And/or anyone with a 2200mm (86 1/2in) wide garage manage to drive in and get out?

thats a standard decent sized door. no issues.

toopy

Club Member
I drive mine in closer to the wall on the passenger side, so i can get in and out a bit easier, even so it's a squeeze and I'm fairly slim and 5.7 tall, Ive banged the door on the wall several times even when being careful! that said my doors are also slightly longer being a 2+2
I would put up some wood or old carpet on the wall but it's a rented garage.

Paul_S

Club Member
I drive mine in closer to the wall on the passenger side, so i can get in and out a bit easier, even so it's a squeeze and I'm fairly slim and 5.7 tall, Ive banged the door on the wall several times even when being careful! that said my doors are also slightly longer being a 2+2
You could lean a bit of that fibre underlay sheeting used for laminate floors against the wall. I've done that because I don't have any carpet to fit yet.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
de7642c86cec0274ececcafc5599b1a9.jpg

Farmer42

Club Member

I have the same problem. I use some plastic door edging strip on the edge of the drivers door to stop it chipping or scratching. The strip is battered but the door paintwork is fine. I just take it off when I go to meets or shows.

75er

Club Member
You could lean a bit of that fibre underlay sheeting used for laminate floors against the wall. I've done that because I don't have any carpet to fit yet.

I just use a piece of cardboard. Does the job & easy to come by!

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
Excellent!
I went i all I could find which was the same picture Pete posted. I am 6ft3 and keep myself in good shape, however missus istoo thinks I need whiskers as I tend to bash into things in small spaces...

Mirrors. But looking at the footprints looks like the hips are as wide as the wing mirrorsIMG_0569.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback. Curious for those that push the car in... how do you get it out!

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
Garage is plasterboard lined, but have carpet assigned for anti twatting device

istoo

Well-Known Forum User
Push it out.

How many cars can be driven into a normal 'single' garage? Ridiculous.

Exactly this Rob, I am pretty sure a few of the fleet wouldn’t get in at all.

Anyway, good to know it will be fine, had a moment thinking I might not get it in the garage... getting the car still an issue yet to be resolved