Best in-line 6 sound other than the Z

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Come on, have a listen and tell me, if you had to choose just one, which would it be?

Mine is the Merc M198

toopy

Club Member
They're all music to the ears, but its a toss up between the good ole RB26 and the Toyota 7M-GTE for me.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
That TVR Sagaris sounds savage! Never knew they made a six cylinder...

This is an all time favourite for me, Aston Martin DB4 GT: (A perfect do it all car)

Jaguar D-Type -Far from the best sound video, but fantastic to watch the driver working around Le Mans!

I think any 60's or 70's race tuned straight six on carbs with a straight pipe exhaust sounds very naughty. Hence my addiction to watching the racing at the likes of Goodwood etc...

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
My mate bought and still has one of the first few Sagaris to roll off the production line. 1st gear acceleration is just gobsmacking and visceral!! I was shocked when he told me it was missing two cyls!!

That D-type!!! Wow, the driver got a workout for sure!!

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
My mate bought and still has one of the first few Sagaris to roll off the production line. 1st gear acceleration is just gobsmacking and visceral!! I was shocked when he told me it was missing two cyls!!

That D-type!!! Wow, the driver got a workout for sure!!

Massively underrated car for sure, I'd love to be taken out in one just to experience it...

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
He paid about £30Kish iirc but they are changing hands now for around £80k!!!