Project Binky

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Is anyone following this? One of my friends has done similar things in his past and pointed me to it.

Episode 1 below at 07:00 sounds like many Datsun owners !

But 08:40 is where it’s at!!!!!

Last edited:

Ped

Club Member
This is the best thing on YouTube! These guys have great fabrication skills, great video production skills and all done with a fair amount of humour. I recommend a binge-watch (30 episodes of about 30 mins each)!

I even got the tshirt and mug, it's that good!

Wally

Club Member
Love this series. Found it around a year a go. I wish I had half their skill when it comes to fabrication.

Bazzateer

Club Member
Been following them from the start, bloody brilliant. They also have a race transporter/camper build going called Lescargot.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Just watched Episode 2 while tidying the bomb site of the kitchen and wow!!! Those guys have some SERIOUS fabbing skills.

I like their Richie P method of using CAD - Cardboard Aided Design!!!!

peter_s

Club Member
This is the best thing on YouTube! These guys have great fabrication skills, great video production skills and all done with a fair amount of humour. I recommend a binge-watch (30 episodes of about 30 mins each)!
+1 to that!!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I’ve been binge watching while doing “stuff” - on episode 15! Just love the fabrication skills - simply couldn’t believe what they did with those wheels! Most of us would have just bought some others!!!

Ped

Club Member
I’ve been binge watching while doing “stuff” - on episode 15! Just love the fabrication skills - simply couldn’t believe what they did with those wheels! Most of us would have just bought some others!!!

Wait till you see it when they get to the wiring!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Did you spot the make the noise t-shirts they had!? [emoji1787]

I love that funk too! Will have to Shazam them!! [emoji106]

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Since introducing the stop watch, I feel a lot less inadequate! I did wonder how they were designing and fabbing stuff so fast!

But I do still feel very inadequate given what they are doing v my car work!! ;)

It’s inspired me to buy a TiG welder and learn. If only I had any room left for more tools. :’(

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
It is very interesting and clever but mad.

My neighbour built a very special 'full race' Jag saloon many years ago and it was quick. However when he wrote it off at Mallory Park he said he'd never go 'down that road' again. He bought an ex Gerry Marshall Dolomite Sprint.

tyroguru

Club Member
Thanks for posting about this one Ali - I'm only just getting around to watching it. I just wish I had 1/100th of their creativeness! I'm sure you know about Colin Furze but I find his Youtube channel compelling viewing not only for his mad fabrication skills and general inventiveness but also for his great attitude to PPE :eek: . https://www.youtube.com/user/colinfurze/ .