280zx clutch master replacement

niroshann

Club Member
Hi all, I have seen that rock auto have a range of clutch master assemblies available. Before I order one, I wanted to know if we know a source of decent quality units in the UK. Alternatively if we know of any decent rebuild kits, I am keen to know also.

The unit I have was a newer unbranded replacement (7 years ago). I guess it did it’s job but I would like to have one that lasts longer.

Thanks

Huw

Club Member
Hiya.

I bought my replacement unit from MJP many moons ago, but that’s no longer an option sadly. I’ve not found a replacement unit from a UK source anywhere else.

I recently bought a Master cylinder refurbishment kit from Rockautos to overhaul an original unit I found in my ‘junk’ bin. If it works out I’ll let you know.

Huw

Ped

Club Member
Hi Niro, I got a TRW one a few years ago and so far it is fine. It was from a supplier on ebay in the UK. Here is the packaging... I'm not sure if later models are slightly different?

clutchmaster.jpg

I got a new Delphi slave cylinder at the same time. Both parts looked pretty good quality to me.

niroshann

Club Member
Many thanks Huw! Another reminder of Mike and how awesome he was!

I’ll look at the eBay parts Ped.

I believe the facelift 280zx has the same bits (I converted mine from auto to manual and didn’t have trouble between the early and later ZXs as far as bits were concerned)