240Z New purchase....

bigh

Club Member
Well theres now going back, just sealed the deal on buying a RHD 240Z from Australia. A bit nervous to say the least, as its my first time at importing any car, let alone one from the other side of the world!

Anyway after speaking to the vendor, I am sure the car is pretty solid, and comes with many extra parts. Including an RB25 engine and RB20 gearbox, which is exactly the direction I had planned for the car. For now just a couple of photos, once the car arrives, a 'build thread' will of course follow.

Just need to get the 300ZX sold now.

Happy Days!

Attachments

• IMG_2601.JPG
    IMG_2601.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2604.JPG
    IMG_2604.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 86

Garaculas

Club Member
Congratulations and sounds like a great project. Don’t hear of many coming from Aus, are the prices quite favourable out there to justify the importing? I guess you’re having a company out there help manage it all for you?

bigh

Club Member
Congratulations and sounds like a great project. Don’t hear of many coming from Aus, are the prices quite favourable out there to justify the importing? I guess you’re having a company out there help manage it all for you?

Well prices are certainly more reasonable IMO, I considered two cars very similar to this one, pretty solid overall, requiring mainly mechanical work which I am happy to under take for between 8-10k, plus shipping. Shipping is coming in around 2k landed.

As I want to go the RB route, this particular car already has an RB engine and gearbox which is a bonus, as these would be another couple of thousand on top.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Good man. Another rebuild thread to watch. Did you notice that Australian cars don't have front repeater lamps?

bigh

Club Member
Good man. Another rebuild thread to watch. Did you notice that Australian cars don't have front repeater lamps?

No I didn't Rob. Do you mean at the front corners? as the vendor is supplying new orange indicator lenses with the car.

Rushingphil

Club Member
:thumbs:
My RB project has been put on hold for now - my youngest will probably ship it back over to the States to work on it there!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
No I didn't Rob. Do you mean at the front corners? as the vendor is supplying new orange indicator lenses with the car.
No those will be for the spoiler. I mean on the side behind the headlights.