Pretty Cheap Z project ?

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Problem with buying a project that’s already been started is knowing the quality of repairs already done. Sooner start from scratch.

Makesy

Club Member
Meant to throw a bid in for this, but I got tied up with other things and forgot.....not that I need 2 broken Zs in my life!

To me, it looks in pretty good shape. I have a bunch more pics of the car and the repairs look to be sound, but who knows.

uk66fastback

Club Member
I think it was the type of auction you would have to go see in person - to see the extent and level of the restoration.

Makesy

Club Member
I need to stop looking at this thread. It's making me sad. Somebody got an absolute steal! Hope it was someone on here!

johnymd

Club Member
That does look like a very good deal but like all Zed’s. You must look at them if possible before parting with your money unless the pictures are extensive.

uk66fastback

Club Member
You've got to remember than if the number of people who said they would have had this, had in fact bid at the auction, the price would not have been what it was, it would have been a lot more!

Makesy

Club Member
You've got to remember than if the number of people who said they would have had this, had in fact bid at the auction, the price would not have been what it was, it would have been a lot more!

True, though it wasn't listed for long at all, and finished during the working day.

Perhaps I just like beating myself up!

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Plus you'd have to transport it in two bits (extra van for all the parts) and wait for a dry day to move it.

uk66fastback

Club Member
I often look at projects and think: if only I had the space ... but then a week later I've forgotten about that car/bike/whatever and know that if I had the space, I wouldn't have the space as it would be filled with several projects and they'd just be joining a very long queue that would never get started in all likelihood.