RIP Mike Feeney

slaphead

Club Member
This news rocked me back on my heels, such a loss to the Z community, one of lifes constants, very few could match his knowledge, experience or generosity of advice.

R.I.P Mike

racer

Club Member
This is difficult to write.

I’ve lost a great friend. My teacher has left me.

He was someone I had a huge respect for, he was the one I turned to for advise on many things.
His huge intellect, meant he was always the Head Master in the room.

Mike was there by my side when I was racing the 240 from 1999 to 2007. Always a calming voice when I was stressing just before a race. Always there with a smile if I did well or not.
Helping me out with parts and lending me his truck to tow the car.

He was always happy to see you or take a phone call just for a chat any time of the day.

A lovely generous Man who only saw the good in people.
I will miss him very much.

RIP Mike

Picture 072.jpg

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Such sad news. I only met Mike a few times, but spoke with him many times. He always came across as a gentle, calm & knowledgeable man. I know this community will miss him greatly. My condolences to Mike's family. R.I.P Mike

Rushingphil

Club Member
Being new to The Z Club, I never knew Mike or even spoke with him. However, having read hundreds of threads and posts he was clearly a much loved and respected man with an enormous amount of knowledge.

A huge loss to the Z World.

RIP Sir, and my sincere condolences to your family and friends.

Garaculas

Club Member
When i first bought my Z it had tons of stupid little pieces missing and Mike was happy to work with me over the phone to figures out what they were and help source the bits i needed, even if he didn’t have them in stock himself.

Always knew who i was and asked how the car was going with such a friendly and calm manner. I was only today stripping the car down and making a list of parts to ask him about with my next order...

The community has lost one of the best. Rest in peace.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Very sad to hear of Mike's passing.
Never had the opportunity to talk with him except on the forum but he was always very genuine and good hearted.
I'm sure Mike would want all of us to remember to treat each other as brothers, time is short.
RIP

status

Well-Known Forum User
Well put Matt ,Of all the 30 plus years I knew mike I never once heard him complain about anything no matter Wot life threw at him,absolutely gutted

candy red

Club Member
Only just seen this very sad news, known Mike for about 25years through theZ club he was always ready to help with any problems i had while try to sort the 280zx out he loved my car when it was finished as he had a soft spot for the 280zx and the Zs. He was a great man in the Z world and will be greatly missed by everyone that met him condolences to all his friends and family very sad.

RiP Mike and thanks for all you done you will be greatly missed but not forgotten.:(

280REZ

280ZX 2 + 2 Targa ,Auto 1981
Club Member
RIP MIKE

A great loss Mike was a real decent human being and fortunately managed to make the Club meet last Week. Have known Mike for many years and as we all know had a wealth of knowledge keeping my 1st and then 2nd 280ZX on the road. Out thoughts go out to all Family and close friends.

Reza & Julie

Graeme - CZ

Club Member
Rest in peace Mike, you’ll be sorely missed. Like many here, he’s been a huge help to me over the past couple of years. Condolences to the family.

Graeme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I’ve only been on the Z scene for 3 years or so, but as others have said he was the go to person. I’d been aware he had been ill but assumed that this was in the past and things were ok. Very sad to hear this news, I’m sure he’ll be missed by friends and family in addition to us all in the Z Club. RIP Mike.

ava300

Club Member
This is really sad news. I have had quite a few parts off Mike and spoke to him numerous times on the phone, finally meeting him at an AGM a couple of years ago. Such a nice bloke.

I know he had been ill for a few years but it's still a shock that he has passed.

RIP Mike.
Yes, probably, long-term illness.
just found out
RIP Mike..
You will be greatly missed...

TimW

Club Member
It's very sad to hear of Mike's passing, my condolences to his family.

As a newbie a few years back and in all my dealings with Mike, he showed a tremendous amount of patience and support when trying to identify the part needed. I would call and say, "I don't know what it's called, it's that thingy next to the thingymajig and I think I need two of them" Nothing was too much trouble, regardless of size of order, and one never felt belittled by one's lack of knowledge. A true gentleman, who always had the time to help a fellow Z'r. The number of Z's on the road and the amount of projects he eased the pain in completing must be truly staggering.

Rest in Peace Mr.F

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
...I'm sure Mike would want all of us to remember to treat each other as brothers, time is short...

So important and rewarding. Be treated as you would like to be treated - so many are quick to criticise and get on the keyboard - me included. I hope this can be Mike's legacy to the Club ......

Peter N

Club Member
I have known Mike for over 35 years. Having retiring in 2017 and now trying to resurrect my 260 that has been off the road for 29 years.
Mike who lives fairly locally to me has been an inspiration, although he has emptied my wallet on many occasions finding my parts. Most of those are still in my garage awaiting to go onto my restoration.
Mike you have always been a gentleman, who would find time for anyone.
As said by many people already, both you and your wealth of knowledge will be sadly missed. Now also wondering, how I am meant to finish my Z without your input,
RIP Buddy.

Peter Nazareth

Steve or anyone else, please advise funeral arrangements when know or any floral contributions for this great man!

Mr.G

Club Member
Read this this morning. In shock can't believe it, only spoke to Mike a few weeks ago.

Mike was always willing to help everyone and was always available on the end of the phone for a chat about anything.

A very talented man on many levels.

Photo taken on 20th October 2019 when we organised a Drag Race Meet up.

Mike my friend you will be missed. RIP.

Any details of how one may attend the funeral?

Attachments

• 20191020_111226.jpg
    20191020_111226.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 52

Al Douglas

Club Member
A generous and helpful man who will be sadly missed by the whole community.
Our thoughts and sympathy to the family.

Ped

Club Member
Very saddened and socked by the news. I know he had been having a tough time with an ongoing condition, but to speak to him he didn't complain.

Mike was always keen to do his best to help out when I would call him looking for spares. You didn't need to worry about whether the advice or parts were correct.

Very sorry for this sad news, my thoughts are with his family. What a big loss.

fae821w

Club Member
Condolences to Mike's family, Mike was a true gentleman. He was always there to help in anyway he could. Hopefully the club will honour him in due course.

Andy.