RIP Mike Feeney

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Nice words and lovely pictures Steve. This is very sad news, we have lost a huge 'character' and helpful member of the Club. He was also a big friend to many people especially Steve Burns and the Essex guys like Matt and John.

I met Mike a few times either at HSCC race meetings, Santa Pod, his place or at committee meetings. He was also one of the first guys I spoke with over the 'phone when I joined in '96 - I can remember the call now, he was very pleasant and informative.

He was a Top Man not only as a person but also as a Drag Racer: https://zclub.net/community/index.php?pages/drag-times/

We are all going to miss him enormously.

Gaz 300

Well-Known Forum User
So sad to hear this RIP Mike you will be missed in the Z comunity and my condolences to your family.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Very sad to hear this. Mike always struck me as a patient, kind and gentle soul. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Huw

Club Member
I’m totally shocked and saddened by the news. Such a great bloke, I’ve know Mike since 92. He will be greatly missed. My condolences to his family.

cosworth415

Club Member
My condolences to his family, spoke to Mike a number of times on the phone but never met him in person seemed to have endless knowledge on s30’s and supplied me with many parts.
A great loss to our club RIP.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
So sad to hear this. We were only speaking on Wednesday.

Such a kind soul. A true Z legend.

May he rest in peace.

Bobafett

Well-Known Forum User
A true gent, will be sadly missed. Glad I was able to be your customer for a short while, and appreciated all the valuable information and guidance.

RIP dear sir.

ChazL

Club Member
Great and lasting memories over the past 25 years of a truly super guy and one of the best chums one could ever wish for.

Mike was and always will be the one and only Mr Zed. It was good to see Mike happily chatting to many of his chums at the

Halfway House SEKZ meeting last weekend. RIP ole pal. Will miss you to bits.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Someone you could trust, rely upon and my first club face 31 yrs ago. The last few years haven't been easy for you but your manner never altered despite the struggles.
You will be missed my friend.RIP

Chappers

Club Member
Sad day for the Z world.
I first spoke to Mike back in 1986 when I bought my first Z. He was always very helpful and extremely knowledgable in all the times I called him. I bought cars and parts from him and chatted for hours. This contact continued to a couple of months ago when he got in touch for some 280zx parts for a customer.
I will miss those Z chats.

adrianf240z

Active Forum User
Very sorry to hear of Mike's passing. It seems very sudden, does anyone know the cause of death? Sincere condolences to family and friends.
Adrian Francis and Geof Gale, Bristol.

richiep

Club Member
Only just caught up to this news. What a loss. Can only echo everything said above. Will be missed by me and many others. Utterly deflated hearing this.