RIP Mike Feeney

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Really sad news that Mike Feeney Of MJP has passed away

mike feeney.JPG
Mike was probably the best-known guy to go to in the UK for Information Technical help and supply of parts for the whole Z Range if you had a problem with your Z Mike was the guy to contact and it did not matter what time of day it was he was always available to help listen and advise what the problem could be

Mike had been around the z scene since the late 70s and took control of the Z Club parts department in 1984 and ran it until its closure in 1996 as it had expanded to such a size that it could not be run as a spare time venture and Mike was encouraged to purchase the available stock and to start up his own business MJP Auto full time

Mike also organised a very successful Local group on behalf of the Z Club and also ran the Z Club Drag Challenge for numerous years

Mike also competed in the National PRO-ET Drag racing Championship and was champion in1992 for the second year running

I had known Mike for over thirty years and he will be sadly missed
Rest in Peace Mike
mike feeney1.JPG

Paul_S

Club Member
I don't know what to say, this is a real shock. I've only been interested in 240Z spares the last couple of years and Mike has been so helpful and patient in that time. We've had many a phone conversation and his knowledge was invaluable to me.

RIP Mike, I sadly never got to meet you.

toopy

Club Member
Wow, a real shock to the system, such a nice guy, I'd known Mike since i bought my car and have had many informative conversations over the years as well as parts.

I think in reality i only ever met him a hand full of times, but in person or on the phone or on the forum, his enviable knowledge and warm personality always shone through.

RIP Mike

hallie

Club Member
Very sad news

I have only spoken to him once on the phone but he was very helpful. His knowledge of our cars will be greatly missed

datsfun

Club Member
A wonderful human being who never had a bad word to say about anyone. Many moons ago I had a S30 and was also the club treasurer so we met regularly during our committee meetings and Z club outings.

A sad loss indeed.

RIP

uk66fastback

Club Member
Terrible news. I'm sad i never got to meet such a knowledgeable guy. Condolences to his family and the many friends he has on this site and in the Z world.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
This is terribly sad news. What a lovely person and always a pleasure to deal with. RIP Mike, you’ll live on in Z’s all around the world..!

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Really sad to hear this, :( Wow i was only with him few months ago at santa pod with him we had a good talk, was a great bloke for help

Rip Mike

chris frizzell

Club Member
shocked to here about Mike spock to him loads of time and always a proper gent .help me greatly with my 280z legend god bless chris

Last edited:

Pondo

Club Member
Only spoke to him a few times but always helpful and understanding. This is truly sad news, RIP Mike.

Makesy

Club Member
Such terrible news. I'm so sad I never got to meet him. Truly one of the kindest, most helpful people in the community.

Duncan Pearcey would often say to me "if you're having EFI issues, you need to speak to Mike Feeney".

Mike has always been patient and kind with me, helping diagnose my Z issues and providing an unrivalled parts service. We had countless phone calls where he would share his wisdom and encouragement.

Rest in peace, buddy.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Great guy, very helpful. Very sad indeed. He will be missed.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Mike you were a great a lovely fella and will be greatly missed. I will never forget coming round your house with Rob Hughes and being introduced to you. Whenever we or I turned up we were always greeted with a coffee and a chat. My car certainly wouldn’t be where it is today if it wasn’t for you and your knowledge.

Steve if you can post up details of funeral arrangements it would be much appreciated.

Rest in peace Mike

Last edited:

AD240Z

Club Member
Extremely sad news.

Like many I never met him- but whenever I called, he greeted me like a friend and never failed to help and solve my problems.

Condolences to all those close to him.

red baron

Well-Known Forum User
I have known and been friends with Mike for some forty years and was the best of the best.

He will be lost but never forgotten.

The Z World will not be the same without him.

RIP Mike.

yellowz

Club Member
Can only echo what others have said which speaks for itself about Mike.

One of the most patient, supportive and helpful people I have ever come into contact with, as like many others I never met Mike but spoke and wrote to on many occasions.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Farmer42

Club Member
This is really sad news. I have had quite a few parts off Mike and spoke to him numerous times on the phone, finally meeting him at an AGM a couple of years ago. Such a nice bloke.

I know he had been ill for a few years but it's still a shock that he has passed.

RIP Mike.