Blower motor swap

toopy

Club Member
Is there any point swapping my tired blower motor for a newer/younger! but obviously still used, 280z motor? Im assuming it would only be slightly better any way, so is it worth the grief of swapping it out :confused:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I'd say no. If you're driving the car it'll be summer so you can open the window.

toopy

Club Member
I'd say no. If you're driving the car it'll be summer so you can open the window.

:D lol, yes i always do

Its more for when the weather has turned damp or isn't as warm as you'd like, and the
windscreen starts to mist up!
The blower helps, but only clears about 2/3rds of the way up, so not great :unsure:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
:D lol, yes i always do

Its more for when the weather has turned damp or isn't as warm as you'd like, and the
windscreen starts to mist up!
The blower helps, but only clears about 2/3rds of the way up, so not great :unsure:

In those situations, wait 'til summer :)

Wyn

Club Member
Have got a spare Z heater motor in my garage if any use to you ?
Think its from a 260z but no idea as was with a bunch of Z spares
Give us a bell if still required

07776 433061

toopy

Club Member
Have got a spare Z heater motor in my garage if any use to you ?
Think its from a 260z but no idea as was with a bunch of Z spares
Give us a bell if still required

07776 433061

Thanks for the offer Wyn

Its not that mine doesn't work, just it doesn't work very well, but i guess there all a bit lack lustre in that regard.
Hence the 280z question, i was hoping that someone was going to tell me the blower motors in them had been improved somewhat output wise,
and thus was a worthwhile swap! Guess not :(

LiamR

Club Member
Resurrecting this thread for personal gain...

My 280z blower has died.. Does anyone know the exact model civix for this conversion? The links have died :(

Many thanks

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Rob Gaskin did this with an excellent write up iirc.

toopy

Club Member
I did find and buy a blower motor, but that was a couple of years ago now and i don't have any info, Ive not fitted it either.

I do remember though that i couldn't find the recommended one, but instead found by chance another one that looked almost identical,
it was from a Honda, don't think it was a Civic though!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm just looking into alternative Honda motors in the UK. I assume that the Datsun resistors work ok?

I'll let you know about alternatives.