Rear hub stud compatibility.

LiamR

Club Member
So looking to replace a snapped rear stud on my 280z done by the P.O. I have found a number of threads about using different studs from different cars and drilling out the holes in the hub but I want to TRY and stay away from that.

Now I've found a replacement set of rears in the UK but its only listed for the 240z. Looking on numerous sites in the good old U.S of A they list the rear studs for 240/260/280/280zx and 510 as the same stud.

Are the rear studs the same across the different models?

Here is the link to the set of rear studs. Hopefully they fit all models :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenjutsu...939429&hash=item239cbd70b0:g:pkoAAOSwAwFasj6K

Cheers!

Liam

johnymd

Club Member
Does anyone have a link to a source of longer wheel studs with the correct spline? I really don't want to be drilling out hubs. I know someone bought the correct ones from a UK source but no longer have the details.

LiamR

Club Member
After looking at rock auto it listed the same parts for 240 and 280z's so I've took the risk and ordered new front and rear sets from conceptua in the link above.

About 48 quid all in I think.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
After looking at rock auto it listed the same parts for 240 and 280z's so I've took the risk and ordered new front and rear sets from conceptua in the link above.

About 48 quid all in I think.
Why? £24 from Rockauto, duty paid and delivered on Monday.

toopy

Club Member
Does anyone have a link to a source of longer wheel studs with the correct spline? I really don't want to be drilling out hubs. I know someone bought the correct ones from a UK source but no longer have the details.

I bought some longer ones, but the only ones i could find in the length i wanted were 1.5 thread pitch, which are far more common it would seem, and not the standard 1.25

johnymd

Club Member
After seeing this thread I just completed a rock auto order. Didn't need much so just added a few bits to the cart which came to £208. Final price with the cheapest postage possible then VAT and the price I paid was a fraction under £400!! Double the listed price per item.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Yes, the wheel studs were too; £14 for the studs and £14 for delivery. But still only £24.
I suppose the heavier the part the more problematic shipping becomes.

johnymd

Club Member
Just checked the price of the studs (I selected the ones they had) and the total came to over £35 with duty so not far off the uk price.

toopy

Club Member
I didn’t actually complete the order Jon. I was just interested in the true cost comparison.

Rock Auto are great price wise for the actual parts, but the postage once its all added can be prohibitive, the trouble is different parts can come from different places or direct from manufacturer, so you end up paying additional postage costs.
You can have several items coming from the same place and the postage is acceptable, add an item that is supplied from elsewhere and all of sudden its not so viable!

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I got some nismo long hub bolts from Nengun, I will have a look as I still have them somewhere.