Red Paint codes

docooney

Club Member
My datsun 240z was painted a non standard grey/ green, I would like to get it back to a stock colour, I was thinking 905 or monte carlo red. But my paint guy can't find the colour. MIPA the paint company he uses doesn't have any of a colour codes of the datsuns.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dominic

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
#905 'Grand Prix Red:

GLASURIT 'Reihe 21'
*458.5 g M 83 Rotorange
*791.0 g M 45 Hellrot
*954.5 g M 6 Rotbraun
*1000.0 g M 25 Weiss

GLASURIT 'Reihe 20'
*100.0 g Sikkens 705-15
*482.0 g M 83 Rotorange
*769.0 g M 45 Hellrot
*954.0 g M 6 Rotbraun
*1000.0 g M 25 Weiss

They are old formulas, but a modern paint supplier might be able to cross-reference them.

docooney

Club Member
Thanks very much. Just wondering, (excuse my ignorance)

Is that one colour or two?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
One colour (#905 Grand Prix Red) but two different 'lines' of paint type.

'Reihe' is German (Glasurit is a German company) and it roughly translates in this context as 'Line'. So, '20 Line' and '21 Line' are just different types of Glasurit paint mixing systems from the past.

As I say, it's old data but it might - just might - help a good paint supplier as a cross-reference. Just bear in mind that modern paints, by default, look different than the paints of the past which contained all sorts of nasty compounds and chemicals.

datsfun

Club Member
My datsun 240z was painted a non standard grey/ green, I would like to get it back to a stock colour, I was thinking 905 or monte carlo red. But my paint guy can't find the colour. MIPA the paint company he uses doesn't have any of a colour codes of the datsuns.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dominic

Where are you based ? Most paint shops now have a laser scanner that captures the shade from painted shells. And I have experience of them lending this kit out...

I have a 905 coloured car ( factory paint)

docooney

Club Member
Where are you based ...

I am afraid I am in Dublin.

I have a 905 coloured car ( factory paint)

Have you any pictures?