Has anyone ever tried auctions?

Fish1234

Active Forum User
I noticed historics at brooklands byfleet Surrey are having an auction on sat November 23rd seeing as I live down the road I wouldn't mind having a look if anyone here has bought a z from this type of auction before?.

Last edited:

uk66fastback

Club Member
I've bought a modern car from an auction - albeit it was 30 years ago nearly - it was a modern car then (1987) - but not bought a classic from one. Same rules apply though: do your homework first on the model and then gauge a price for the car on the day and don't go over what YOU think the car is worth. Golden rule of buying ANY car - there is ALWAYS another one ... (unless it's a really RARE one).

Ped

Club Member
Not bought at auction before, but I took a run down to BCA Blackbushe auctions near me the other day. What a mixture of motors! Anything from a Bentley to a £100 Astra! Huge site, hundreds of cars. Bargains to be had for older motors (+10 years), but a bit of a gamble at the same time. Typical hammer price low hundreds, plus buyers premium. Will be back to buy a run around when my wife's 26 year old Sunny packs up... been waiting years but it still starts and runs great.