Greek Rally Replica up for Auction. Opinions?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I know how much work goes into building a car like that, but why do they so often insist on calling them a "Works Replica"?

The only similarity to a Works rally 240Z there is the red paint and anti-dazzle black bonnet/wing tops. Nothing else there - literally nothing - replicates the spec of a Works rally 240Z.

Alan, what were other rally schemes of the period? I'm 'bored' of seeing the same thing done all the time.

This looks like good value at the estimate. Bet there's £8k's worth of suspension.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Alan, what were other rally schemes of the period? I'm 'bored' of seeing the same thing done all the time.

My focus is usually on the Works cars, and they didn't tend to have that much variety in livery (except for lettering/signwriting/stickers) until they passed into private hands and became 'ex-Works'...

There were exceptions, as the very first Works rally test/development cars were 918 Orange and Shekhar Mehta had a habit of painting roofs white (possible heat-reflecting properties but helping with identification) but the real variety came when new private owners wanted to stamp their own identities on the cars. I'm a big fan of the blue with white side stripe livery seen on some of the cars that Old Woking Service Station were looking after, and particularly of Kevin Videan's 'KEU' cars:

Videan-KEU-3.jpg

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hitch up the knickers sisters and calm down:chillpill: - what was/is the shelf life of these wheel?

And didn't I see that they were being reproduced in Japan now ?

Hitch up the knickers sisters and calm down:chillpill: - what was/is the shelf life of these wheel?

And didn't I see that they were being reproduced in Japan now ?

Magnesium wheels will last the same length of time as any other wheel, its just about how they're looked after. Lots of none truths spouted about magnesium stuff.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User

Attachments

• Alan mag wheels.png
    Alan mag wheels.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 14