Geoffs' (4ways) RIP 240Z

Loagz

Forum User
O
It was a rhetorical question.

If you're game, you might like to take a shot at answering the real question it was posted in answer to, as I can't:

The possibilities are endless... EXTRA:)
Ohhhh, right...........
Forgive me newbie here.
The possibilities are indeed endless yet I have a hypothesis most components on this car were added for looks or 'style' more than anything else.
That wide gaping hole between the towers doesn't do well for rigidity and the flex can be horrendous when running a sticky soft compound, yet even a tower brace is minimal in help if still equipped with mushy standard type bushes and if going for a designed in amount of deformation there are easier ways to achieve that.
Short answer is
Yeh, got me stumped, it doesn't seem logical to me

Loagz

Forum User
Unless the one who penned the advertising mistook a harness bar for a strut brace and it doesn't even have a rear strut brace. Or its a separate harness bar anchored to the towers that just happens to double as de-facto strut brace.
Guess its just one of life's crazy mysteries

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So, we're no further with answering my question then ? As even in 'looks', a front bar has more visual impact that a rear......unless one keeps the bonnet shut of course :blush:

status

Well-Known Forum User
I’ve seen this car in the flesh,Jeff gave me a tour of the place when we were swopping some parts we had ,probably 10 years ago,now when I see some of the asking prices for Zeds I think this is up there with the best and is underpriced considering unless it’s gone rusty since I last see it which is highly unlikely as Jeff isn’t with us anymore and Jeff told me he only takes it out about twice a year ,The colour certainly suits
Ps,I’ve got a nismo manifold which I had ceramic coated which will be for sale soon
Wots it worth for those in the know
Also GDS exhaust system
If anyone is looking for a Zed and is going to spend serious money on one then go look at this car