New member. Rb25 swapped 280z

Stubbsy9

Forum User
Hi all.

I wanted to introduce myself. I have just bought an rb25 swapped 280z from LA.

Still waiting for the car to be uk registered and get my first drive.

In the mean time I will just put some pictures up and a list of work I need to do. Any suggestions will be great on where to locate parts and suitable alternatives.

List of work needed

Working speedo. Going to go GPS option and replace all gagues so they are matching. Seen the speedhut option but out of my budget. Any UK options?

New seats. Thinking of fittiner some s2000 seats or rx8 recaro seats but either way recover them to make them look better in the car. Any other options I should consider.

Refresh spray paint and under seal.

New ignition. Possibly introduce a push start button option with a remote immobiliser.

Convert the front end to the 240z look. Really prefer the lower wider indicators and a solid grill.

Here are a few pictures to show what I am working with.

I will be trying to attend as many shows and meets as possible. I live in Southampton, if your near by then let me know.

Also got a cheeky 280z Instagram page for the car. Give me a follow and I will return the favour. @ rb25_280z

Talk soon

Tom
11933f1de0e88416774ebeebee64037c.jpg
ba85b7467fda71a0f6dbc79b7afa98ae.jpg
f9cea9c63775aef1e3ae56ad02299ef4.jpg
a9130b2cbc79c60d0b3ac5fe1ee99198.jpg
506b4b8b98cfdcacafb94f1ddf1016ea.jpg
2815f745b703acad61e65960302dec3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rushingphil

Club Member
Looking really nice! I'm in Southampton myself so look forward to seeing it soon.
Hopefully you might get it registered in time for the Bicester Sunday Scramble on 6th October?

Pondo

Club Member
Another yellow Datsun, welcome. So has the car arrived already, in which case shouldn’t be long before your out and about. I think Southampton has a few members around, would be nice to see your car at Bicester if you can make it.

Nik

Club Member
Welcome to the forum.
Your car looks really good, I like the yellow. I'm fairly close to Southampton and also have a 280 as does a friend of mine who lives close by also. I will look for you on instagram.

Fairlineguy

Club Member
looks good
If you don’t want to spend a shed load on after market gauges you can get all the stock
Gauges to work with the RB25

uk66fastback

Club Member
I'm nowhere near Southampton being in the north Cambs badlands but occasionally get to go to Burlesdon to see a mate which is junc 4 or 5 on the M27 from memory ... so might pay a visit if down there. Car looks eye-catching as is but glad you're putting a bit more into it ... good stuff!

Stubbsy9

Forum User
Awesome that there is a few people around Southampton. Yeah burseldon is just around the corner from me.

Would love to make the meet on the 6th but I also work offshore on the rigs and never know when I will be home. If the Datsun gods want me there I will be Haha.

The issue with the gauges is some are digital and some are not. Bit of a miss match that I dont like. Short term solution is a cheap gps box.

Thanks

Tom

Ian

Club Member
Nice Buy. These drive awesome with an RB in them so long as supporting mods have been done, you should love it.

Speedhut gauges are awesome if you can stretch to them.

Good luck with it.

Russell

Club Member
Looks great.

When I finally get the time to get back on mine, I am making my own gauges out of the originals!

Stubbsy9

Forum User
Thanks Ian. I'm pretty sure I have most things covered. Full custom fuel tank and system, AME V2, megan coilovers, silver mine break kit, r33 diff etc.

Yeah I think I have a solution as well. I have been given the sensor number for the rb25 gear box.

Out of intrest how would you do it you way?

Fairlineguy

Club Member
Thanks Ian. I'm pretty sure I have most things covered. Full custom fuel tank and system, AME V2, megan coilovers, silver mine break kit, r33 diff etc.

Yeah I think I have a solution as well. I have been given the sensor number for the rb25 gear box.

Out of intrest how would you do it you way?

I used the Rb25 gear box in mine and found the speedo drive listed on build threads to short.
Easy way I found was to build my own drive out of the electronic drive in the rb gearbox and the old
24oz drive .works perfectly

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Welcome to the club, looks awesome! Looking forward to hearing what you get up to...

If you can get it roadworthy before the 6th October then get yourself to Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble if possible, it looks like there's going to be a mega turnout :coolgleam:

Stubbsy9

Forum User
Perfect. Will have a read of that and get a few ideas.

Thanks. Would love to attend the meet. 2 major issues at the moment. Fingers crossed they can be resolved