Mounting Front Number Plate

RawlinSTR

Club Member
Hi all,

Could I get some pictures of how you have mounted your front number plates for some inspiration please?

Trying to decide the best way to do it (My car is a US import with no front mount).

Thanks,
Simon

RawlinSTR

Club Member
I'm considering my options at the moment Mike...

I'm going for a US style square plate on the back, so I'd probably go for the same on the front, but I wanted to see what others have done.

uk66fastback

Club Member
My original front bumper has mounting brackets on it for a no. plate, I presume yours are missing - or you're not having a bumper (or something)

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
As a general point,in my 'limited' experience you can fit any old number plate you like cause the police aren't interested in the letter font of some 50 year old car being driven by someone of the same vintage.

toopy

Club Member
As a general point,in my 'limited' experience you can fit any old number plate you like cause the police aren't interested in the letter font of some 50 year old car being driven by someone of the same vintage.

Indeed, they don't seem to care about 'wrong' plates on modern's round this way, so fill your boots! :D

Ive walked past police cars sat in traffic behind cars with blatantly wrong plates, no one seems to give a toss!

RawlinSTR

Club Member
My original front bumper has mounting brackets on it for a no. plate, I presume yours are missing - or you're not having a bumper (or something)

Thanks Mike, my car is a US import so I think that's why there isn't any mounting brackets there. Could you take a photo of the brackets on yours so I have an idea of what they look like?

I drove past a police car with a 'legal' plate taped to the inside of the my windscreen and no bonnet the other day (I was driving somewhere to get the tracking set up) and they gave me some funny looks but that's it, so I'm not too worried about this!

Robbie J

Club Member
As mine is a import its allowed smaller no. plates, Johny whats the exact size front plate you have?

uk66fastback

Club Member
This is the front and rear of the stock US front bumper on my '72 - I'm guessing you've not got these brackets then, Simon?

kaM195Zz.jpg

h668plBp.jpg

RawlinSTR

Club Member
This is the front and rear of the stock US front bumper on my '72 - I'm guessing you've not got these brackets then, Simon?

Thanks Mike, my bumper does not have these mounts, it's mostly likely a repro. It shouldn't be too difficult to fab up some brackets now I know where I want the plate to go.