Newbie from West London.

S30_Nut

Club Member
Thought it about time I said hello.

I've been lurking on the site for some time now and became a paid up member just after I bought my Z back in June.

The Z looks great, sounds great and drives great, although I still look forward to my first outing on some decent driving roads.

I look forward to being part of this community and hopefully meeting some of you down the line.

Unfortunately, I'm got the type of bloke to constantly reach for a camera, so for now you will have to do with the one photo I have taken of the car in my ownership. (On the day I brought it home).

My '74 260z:

tuEPwVa539urI_mfJyb8XuLubax4xs6XA4ZjRFzBF2TvTimTJRvKzSTlEt-iOB5gh10tWGNPoXLF8jpf7duC53ubRnMau7v2KxtgXOuOa7DZGqpREcGVbtyFyJ0TCWbZ8gEIdiigKOp-nxCa4u5mqo7VkfYuh9yvPvocDEzB2o3JPreJuXU13WRverBpAMKOdpc0y2hVCjj9DmzLNbg1tj8lCbhB1_0Fl-iCHdiY3ojyAI8_OBPSq-sWLZ6ZcnkuwCi09PG0CrxAN8Pb_H_vnYrTBMUkHsvezCRaeH_nheDLw8jXkXhr3mDQGyyPybhprrR9UGZGK2nTDRYokweGoiOlZ8HUSrFH7-p8XeQwZWAVQ8qqvPqslZ7KWMmPO0q8pOWXOW-4i0OOLbHjV7dVBbXCsbtwGrL6ImC998WoLhHPe-N32Y1wI9kD3hYfeWpgvOJsadGKN2IouVW2ufiLfzlra6bsltFTGnJz_X9VBish0PlSnSldJEgdSg-j9oq3JiIEWa6bM25fKl12IygMOuSQr8KkEmRuYF61miNMZ3W-yZr3iq7L5QpT0GC4pijGls-JTAc2X-qH-pSsy1Y-mrZJCuWVDo4C_wZVbKCN0Dyeqido5xEvnJW_CFv6DTI2fh4_vPW9qjRVRJjkmwLKdwnZ6ukLiPLZYILRQBVQWEBpNcJpHtPzdnd5ddI4nwy4bB_yhpsghUZ6d6AmnKLMORvs=w2246-h1430-no

Last edited by a moderator:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
That looks good. '74 260 is the best I've heard [emoji4]
Looks remarkably straight for a UK car. Has it had any restoration or is it original?

S30_Nut

Club Member
That looks good. '74 260 is the best I've heard
emoji4.png

Hi! Thank you! I've also heard the same! :bigears:

Looks remarkably straight for a UK car. Has it had any restoration or is it original?

It is remarkably straight and a testament to its previous owners. The gent I bought it off had owned it for around 15 years and kept it garaged, he also said that the original owners did the same. There are stacks of photo albums of the car through its life.

The bumbers and the headlight buckets (Fibreglass?) aren't the originals, but I do have the originals on a shelf in the garage. In-fact, any parts that have been removed or replaced, I have the original on a shelf (Alternator, radiator, air-dam spring to mind). It has new carpets too. oh, I was even given a full tin of paint with all the lead-y goodness of old.

I have been lead to believe that the car hasn't been restored or had any welding repair work carried out. I'm inclined to believe it until I have evidence suggesting otherwise. If it has been restored? Well then the trades person that carried out the work deserves a very crisp high five, because I'd be damned if I can tell.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Well, that looks in cracking condition as has been said. Must have got a decent thickness of underseal in all the right places when new ...

What's the mileage, it sounds like the car has 'full history' from new - that really would be a rare thing if true - and two previous UK owners. Superb.

You're going to have to bring yourdelf to use your phone to get some more pics up if you can, the guys here would love it - these types of UK cars are very rare.

What area of the country are you in, there are some meets in some parts, less so in others.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome, nice car and a 260Z too !

Must be the camera 'cos the door bottom looks a bit wavy to me....not a criticism, just please check it out to preserve 'la belle' !:)

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
That looks good. '74 260 is the best I've heard [emoji4]

Definitely! 260s are very cool indeed! ;)

Welcome chap and looking forward to hearing more about this lovely looking car! [emoji106]

Welcome, nice car and a 260Z too !

Must be the camera 'cos the door bottom looks a bit wavy to me....not a criticism, just please check it out to preserve 'la belle' !:)

have you got a pin for my bubble also!?

To the OP, not often you see 3/4 with the line as sharp as that on a UK car. Looks nice.

S30_Nut

Club Member
Thank's all! It's been a few months, but I still get "school boy" excited when I walk in to the garage, I hope that feeling never wears off!

You're going to have to bring yourdelf to use your phone to get some more pics up if you can, the guys here would love it - these types of UK cars are very rare.

I'll try! I don't want this to be a garage queen, hopefully the more I drive the more pictures you lot get!

:unsure:

I can only see aliasing effects along that line. I'm pretty sure it's perfectly straight in reality. [emoji4]

I hope so, guess what I'll be doing tonight...

Is that north west London or South West London, I'm in Twickenham if you ever fancy a meetup

Hi, It is! I just moved to Feltham, a stones throw from Twickenham. Is there an active community in the area? Do you go to any meets?

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Looks like a cracking example, congratulations on the purchase!

Nice to have another one in the local area, I'm in-between Esher/Surbiton so relatively speaking down the road. I probably drive very close to you when I occasionally go to Heathrow for work. Small world :)

Robbie J

Club Member
So why don't we meetup around this area? I met woody a while back. I have another invite for cars and coffee at the Nissan design studio as well

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
So why don't we meetup around this area? I met woody a while back. I have another invite for cars and coffee at the Nissan design studio as well

Nothing stopping it if you want to suggest one, may be worth speaking to AliK who's the regional rep for the area.

I'm sure another visit to the Design Studio would go down very well, any ideas when may be a good time?

S30_Nut

Club Member
Nothing stopping it if you want to suggest one, may be worth speaking to AliK who's the regional rep for the area.

I'm sure another visit to the Design Studio would go down very well, any ideas when may be a good time?

25th Sept and the 2nd Oct is the dates Nissan told me they are thinking of doing it

The design studio sounds like fun! Would be a great setting to meet you guys too. Is it a case of waiting for Nissan to confirm dates etc?