76 280Z Mini alternator

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
What’s available please.

My car is running modern Ecu with ITB’s together with the mandatory twin fans and bigger fuel pumps etc

I’ve been having issues with sudden random power loss under load (intermittently) and thought the alternator might not be pushing out enough juice but now the Brake light and the charge light are permanently illuminated.

What can I upgrade to that will bolt straight on. A little fiddling with different block terminals not an issue?

Thx

atomman

Club Member
You can get the internally regulated 280zx ones pretty cheaply from Rock auto that will bolt right on .

I have read about early MX5 ones being adapted to fit also , but not sure how much is involved

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
You can get the internally regulated 280zx ones pretty cheaply from Rock auto that will bolt right on .

I have read about early MX5 ones being adapted to fit also , but not sure how much is involved

Ok cool. Do you know what output rating they are. Probably looking for a 60A

Rockauto are US based aren’t they ??

atomman

Club Member
Ok cool. Do you know what output rating they are. Probably looking for a 60A

Rockauto are US based aren’t they ??

Yeah they are 60 amp and Yes US based but shipping is fast and not that much to be honest ,

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...209316,electrical,alternator+/+generator,2412

shipping is quoted @ £20.53 with FEDEX total =£66.83 not bad ! don't think I payed VAT last few times I ordered they just turned up .

you may have to modify the wiring on the 280z and take the regulator off , I just got a plug from the Z store for my 240z which sorted it